LC Transportation

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by ScooterDawg, Nov 13, 2009.

1. the trainer

the trainer Bobtail Member

May 28, 2009
    maplewood mn.
    Love the quote dieselusmc. From Duke the trainer

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. the trainer

the trainer Bobtail Member

May 28, 2009
    maplewood mn.
    And I thank you for that wonderfull wonderfull "Attention Getter" Scooter!!! Were still here to laugh about it and not cry if we had toped the truck and trailer! Duke

4. ScooterDawg

ScooterDawg <strong>"The Blue Tick Lab"</strong>

Nov 23, 2008
    Trinity, NC
    Hey there Diesel -

Well, I hate to sound totally ambiguous, but "it all depends". There are basically 3 different side of the company; Fed-Ex, UPS, and Denver. And depending on which side you run, that will determine your hometime. I should say that they recently started a fourth side, which is teams running to California, but I know nothing about that at all. When I ran Fed-Ex, I was home every 6-10 days. When I ran Denver, I was home every 7-12 days, and with UPS, the first run, I was out for 15 days, then since then, I have been home just about every week. As far as how long you are home, it is sort of up to you, but there have been times that I was home for 1 1/2 days because the load I wanted had to go.

Pay rates are based on your experience. You would need to call the recruiting office to get that info.

As far as the equipment, again, it will depend on which side you are assigned. They have just about every kind of tractor out there. Some are configured for long haul (Denver and California) and others are configured for short haul (Fed-Ex).

Not sure about the O/O opportunities. I know that they put a hold on hiring any more, but I am not tied into the "Operations Brainchild" enough to give you an accurate answer. And if you are looking to get a dedicated run, you will (just like any other company), pay your dues and let them get a feel for how you run and what your capabilities are.

Your best bet is to call up there and talk to the recruiter. His name is Dale ext 1015. The company is very dynamic and I don't think I could give you an accurate portrayal of what is available RIGHT NOW.

Good luck and keep me in the loop.

dieselUSMC and _ton bundle Thank this.
  5. ScooterDawg

Nov 23, 2008
    Trinity, NC

Hehehe, yeah, that is one of those things that we will be able to laugh about one day when we're sitting on the rockers on the front porch (or at a Cracker Barrel)

Glad you were there with me.

arf

_ton bundle Thanks this.
  6. dieselUSMC

dieselUSMC Light Load Member

Jul 23, 2010
    NC
    Thanks! Will do! I am going to get my CDL at Gaston Community College in Jan of 2011. Right now I have to finish my degree in Heavy Equipment/Transport Technology. All I have left is the Steering and Suspension class and welding.

7. Armchair_Trucker

Armchair_Trucker Bobtail Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Scooter,

First of all, great writing. I came across your posts while attempting to gather information and have followed your posts from the day you started them until now.

I have tons of specific questions. Would you happen to have a bit of time to spare for questions specific to my situations as I am at a point in my life where I might jump in to the deep end of a pool but would sure like to test the temperature first as there are people relying on me, so mistake making must be kept to a minimum.

Your help, if provided, would be appreciated.

8. Armchair_Trucker

Armchair_Trucker Bobtail Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Thanks for the pm, scooter, but I'm not priviledged enough for that. I also appreciate the contact info, but I'm more of writer anyway...plus that will allow you to respond at your leisure.

You can contact me at friendlysmike...and thats at gmail.

9. andrew5184

andrew5184 Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Sapulpa, OK
    Just an FYI, PM's can be forwarded to the desired recipient via a staff member/moderator.

10. ScooterDawg

Nov 23, 2008
    Trinity, NC
    Well, it would be a lot easier (and quicker) to answer your questions in a phone call as opposed to emailing back and forth.

If I can help, I would be more than happy to, but my schedule for the next week or so is going to be rather hectic. Talking to you while driving down the highway would certainly be much easier for me.

Besides, I don't know what your questions are.

11. andrew5184

andrew5184 Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Sapulpa, OK
    I can vouch for the fact that ScooterDawg doesn't bite! Haha! Quite the opposite. Nice guy. And when he is kind enough to offer his number to help, take it. You will learn something.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.