Lct Transportation

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by fido1977, Feb 6, 2008.

1. TomVamp

TomVamp Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2009
    Ocala,Fl
    hey cday so how did it go with lct I am going to try to get in with them. Do you know if they take newbies? Seems to be the best chance in florida.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cday1008

cday1008 Bobtail Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Cape Coral, Florida
    Hey Tom,
    I went to orientation and was sent home due to a medical issue. I was working on getting the medical problem resolved but have been sidelined with family issues and will probably not be able to go back over the road. If the situation does change I would go back to LCT in a minute. They are serious and won't coddle a driver but also seem serious to survive the freight downturn. I didn't meet anyone at Orientation that didn't seem genuine and tell you the way it is. As a student you will most likely drive with a trainer and then drive team before you get your own truck but I think you will learn alot. I say defininatly give them a shot.

4. act6629

act6629 Heavy Load Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Spring, TX
    Well guys, I have a confession to make. The other posts I made were made before I had a chance to really get my feet wet, and I have to say that the very first post on the first page is DEAD ON. If you're a solo driver and you like to sit around in truck stops waiting for freight, and then all you get is a 400 mile relay load after you've sat around all that time, LCT is the perfect company for you. If you like doing nothing but the east coast, LCT is the perfect company for you. If you like spending a lot of time either going into, sitting in, or going through NJ, LCT is the perfect company for you. If you live in the state of Florida, you are forced to park your truck at the yard which is maybe 5 miles from Leesburg and drive your car to the house when you go home. Doesn't matter if you live right down the road from the terminal, or if you live in the keys. They don't give you enough time to pick up and deliver on time LEGALLY. Nowhere near enough, in fact. Then the pricks in safety wanna know why your logs are so screwed up. I had a bad fuel injector in my truck and it caused me to lose power going up hills, which ended up making me late for a load I had going from ohio to new jersey, and they wouldn't even send me to a shop somewhere to get it fixed. No, they made me wait until I got allllllll the way back to the terminal, which took a solid 2 weeks at least. Don't go with this company, even if you're in Florida and you're having the same trouble I always have when looking for a driving job. Just don't do it. They talk a good game in orientation and make themselves out to be 100% bulls**t free, but then you get out there and end up having to deal all the stuff I mentioned earlier. I'd be willing to bet that even JB Hunt and Swift are better than these guys. Oh yeah, and their trucks are total junk and the maintenence crew has the competence of the average burger flipper at Mcdoanlds. You'll spend days in the shop sometimes, and most of the time the problem that got you there ends up becoming an even bigger problem once you're back on the road and nowhere near the terminal. All because the original problem was never really fixed in the first place.

After all that I decided to get out of truckin' for a while and go back to living a more normal life at least for the time being. I may get back into it later, but I'm not making any promises.

5. TomVamp

TomVamp Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2009
    Ocala,Fl

OKay so what they screwed you over but I thought you like it there?? What happened??

6. act6629

act6629 Heavy Load Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Spring, TX
    Did you read or pay any attention to anything I said? Obviously not. Go back and read it again.

Stupid F***.

7. NVCowboy

NVCowboy Bobtail Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Somewhere in FL
    Hmmmmm..............

8. Apachy

Apachy Bobtail Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    Don't waste your efforts, if you so disere to work for free or charity so go on? wishes and blessing to you!

cday1008 Thanks this.
  9. beentheredonethat

beentheredonethat Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2009
    miami, fl
    notgoodwithnames, I hear ya on act and cday being some lousy recruiters praying on the hopes and dreams of new and experienced drivers in the trucking industry. Whoever your friend is, hes a real friend. LCT will leave you sittin around looklin bored all day. I have done everything for them. Hauled flowers team for alittle over a year. and about 7 months solo. Those dipsticks dont have nothin in order. All they want to do is complain about your idle, or how much fuel your spending and blah blah blah. They would put these second seat characters in the truck with me and to be honest i dont know how im alive to type this message. So the way i see it, act and cday are either recruiters or the biggest kiss ##### in central florida. If they are getting that many miles something is wrong because i call my old friends from time to time and they will be sitting around the country pissed off. For instance i called my friend last night and he was stuck at the loves in polk city, fl waiting on a darn juice load going to maryland. He estimated that by the time he finished that he would have about 1200 miles on the week. Those are the numbers i am accustomed to seeing at LCT. There was a time where few characters in dispatch used to get the drivers miles. Those dispatchers through their own disgust and their inability to treat drivers like crap quit and moved on to other companies. Hey if you dont have any experience and want to go and try your luck at LCT i dont blame you. Its a good learning experience, it will teach you who not to drive for and all the little sneaky dispatcher tricks. I actually earn more money today working locally then i did travelling the country for them. PLEASE BEWARE OF LCT

10. Jumbo

Jumbo Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Appleton, Wisconsin
    I read the thread from start to finish and didnt see that coming. That fellow went from running 4500 miles per week and being happy as a clam to hating that place with a passion.

11. hotrod1653

hotrod1653 Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Somewhere in America
    I went to oreintation (forgive spelling) for LCT, got me all the way to Leesburg, then sent me home for a "medical issue". I would not recomend them to anyone. I couldve went back to them, but i chose not to. I am much better off now. Stay away from LCT.

Have a good un' :Plane:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.