Leaking shocks? VNL 670

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by Imani100, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Imani100

Imani100 Light Load Member

Mar 12, 2017
    Chicago
    What would you recommend

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. shatteredsquare

shatteredsquare Road Train Member

May 23, 2014
    middle dirt
    that's the thing, I have no idea. only heard of even four brands, road king (heard they are expensive crap), gabriel, monroe, and sachs (supposedly the more expensive good oil ones). a quote from the dealer for all three axles OEM with labor upwards of 3k LMFAOOOOO, they want to break each axle off into its own job with separate labor hours charge and parts separate and look at me with a straight face, two muffin bolts and a floor jack gtfo of here. if monroe gas shocks do the decent job I'd just as soon swap them every year for cheap, I can get the three axles and cab shocks all together at once for less than 1k through company. mine are OEM freightliner not leaking but not doing much in the way of damping anymore, my cab and teeth have been paying for it

4. Atlaw4u

Atlaw4u Heavy Load Member

Jun 8, 2018
    I just purchased oem front shocks (Sachs). I think they were $86 a piece. The part number is 315 608 009.

shatteredsquare and Imani100 Thank this.
  5. Imani100

Imani100 Light Load Member

Mar 12, 2017
    Chicago
    Yeah i had all Sachs i wanted to try something else before i kept getting them they don’t seem to last too long sometimes. And yeah that’s crazy i think i spent at most 6-700 for the full set and i just do it myself with a electric Milwaukee impact. I wanted to try Gabriel but every one says they are just cheap, everyone has different opinions so i just try things out myself maybe I’ll try Gabriel next just because...

shatteredsquare Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.