Lease, new or used ?

Discussion in 'Prime' started by ghostzapper, Jun 24, 2018.

1. redoctober83

redoctober83 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    You're right I'm missing out on that 1.5% to 3% rebates while I watch my investments grow at 12% average. I'm so happy this rebates are helping you with your retirement, lol. Oh wait they're not! Good luck dude, you're the one that is clueless and delusional.

For the record, yes I can get a loan without a credit score, it's what's called manual underwriting where they actually look at how well you've managed money. Only way that works is if you have no credit score and have decent amount of cash around.

Good luck with your poor money management and kissy time with your bank, I know they love a lot!

J.Mart68 and BoostedTeg Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    You missed the point entirely. Get some sleep.

4. Trucking in Tennessee

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    So you have to guarantee your loans with cash. Not exactly a new concept. But if you had real loans you would have a credit score. My credit cards are not my retirement, but I try to maximize whenever I can. Maybe you can get a prepaid Visa and pretend you have credit.

5. trucker28truck

trucker28truck Light Load Member

Jul 28, 2016
    US mainland
    Prime is one of them, is a scam. If you say you do good it does not mean that is true.Better believe the guys who say it is no good at Prime. During my time at Prime i knew more than 20 guys that left, and they been with Prime 3 years and more. Prime has what now? 8000 trucks? and how many drivers? Also around that number.
    Prime as company needs only may be 3000 drivers, those 3000 can produce enough capital for Prime to sustain profit and growth.
    Imagine 4000 more guys that they can spin them in any fashion they want, rip them off on every single load, simply because Prime does not need them, they comfortable with 3000 drivers already, thay feed them pay them good, and the rest is just a numbers and sheeps.
    And that student driver program is such a blessing for Prime, more and more money coming in, because all new drivers are dumb and dumber.

Trucking in Tennessee Thanks this.
  6. nofreetime

nofreetime Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2013
    So you have no first hand experience with Prime. I'm not sure how you can make any points worth the time they take to read on us as a carrier.

But I have over 1,000,000 of experience miles here
    and I am being honest when I tell you and others that this is a great place to be I wouldn't have stayed this long if it weren't. I make great money Prime.

J.Mart68 and redoctober83 Thank this.
  7. nofreetime

Oct 22, 2013
    So you used to drive for Prime. Where are you now? And what you making there?

8. trucker28truck

trucker28truck Light Load Member

Jul 28, 2016
    US mainland
    I am now at smaller company based in Chicago,IL. became company driver first after Prime, was making around 7-9k a month which is almost double!!!! what i was making at Prime as so called lease operador.Than got my own truck and trailer, with same company running under theirs DOT, i do very fine. Getting around 16-22k a month gross. After deductions i bank around 10-17k per month( and i do it on my own, i dont need students, sometimes i do student trick, i make lot more, but i do not suck out of student all his blood like Prime does, students drive with me no more than 5 hours per day) i feel comfortable, money worth the effort.Can not even compare to Prime, Prime is a joke.
    You did 1 million miles, interesting why you still there?! I spend almost 1 year in that Prime truck living in it, no days off nothing, never late, all loads on time, and it was around 1100 per week, which is nonsense completely.
    How could it be i was quite often delivering loads at Prime 4 per week and was taking in my bank 200$??? Where money went?? Somebody is way to greedy.
    Prime is a scam, period.

9. Trucking in Tennessee

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    I am not specifically talking about Prime. I am talking about leasing to a company, any company. You are now indebted to them and have to make payments. I don't see how you have the luxury of turning down loads.

10. nofreetime

Oct 22, 2013
    Alright so how long have you been at this new carrier? Are you on a percentage based or flat rate contract? What's the name of your new carrier? What type of freight do you haul? And what year equipment did you purchase?

11. nofreetime

Oct 22, 2013
    You don't have any experience with Prime, I do. I've tried to explain the situation to you and you don't seem willing to listen. So why don't we just move on.

redoctober83 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.