Lease Op's... How are You Doing ??

Discussion in 'Anderson' started by Howling Wolf, Sep 17, 2009.

1. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Hi Tootie04, I just sent you a pm and it went through..

No not chicken, just have a big dislike for working in sub zero weather. HaHa

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Diesel_Smurf

Diesel_Smurf ~Trucker's Wife~

Dec 18, 2009
    Georgia
    Anyone doing the lease / lease purchase with ATS at the moment? Hubby was offered to do the flatbed division lease purchase. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

4. phroziac

phroziac Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    Are you serious?

You haven't figured out that ALL lease purchase deals are a scam?

He didnt get burned by JB because he worked for JB. He got burned because the leasepurchase thing is, at its heart, just plain and simple a scam.

Why would they want to help you make more money when they can make it themselves?

If he wants to be an owner op why dont you guys go a more legitimate route? You can lease a truck for cheap from Ryder, its just a lease and not a leasepurchase. Or....

Buy a cheap truck from a dealership. There's a place near me that sells trucks in great shape albeit old for as low as $6000 (most of their trucks are less old/more expensive though). Theres a lot of companies that as long as the truck can pass an FHWA annual inspection and has a fresh paint job will let you run with them.

And even then, most places pay horrible rates that wont make you much money...

And by the way, call me, i miss you

5. Mr. PlumCrazy

Mr. PlumCrazy Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Lexington NC
    I agree with phroziac except the cheap truck part. There is no such thing as a $6000 truck in great shape. These lease purchase deals are setup to make the companies money and not designed to help the owner/operator in any way. Many people have been bitten by these lease purchase deals look at arrow drivers which was hit the hardest. many others have paid for trucks for three years with only a few payments left be call in and fired for some crazy reason (a ticket, one late load, a customer complaint or anything) It is best to get you own financing and then lease on to a company then if you can get what you want from that company or find another company that will better fit your needs you can take your truck and go. There are a lot of threads on lease purchase on this forum and many are horror stories

6. Diesel_Jammer

Diesel_Jammer Bobtail Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Georgia
    Okay, let me see if i can put it in a simple, anyone can understand way...Not all lease purchases are bad. I made good money with C.R.S.T. and Dart until i had medical problems and had to stop. Now 1st, buying a truck cash and putting it on somewhere might sound good to some people but look at the taxes...You can write off all payments on a lease truck but only the depreciation on a financed truck. And sorry phroziac you haven't been out here long enough to really understand a lot about all the differences. And by the way how did that whole brake fuse thing work out, and how did you find out that it was blown? Did you get pulled over or something?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  7. phroziac

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    Honestly a $6000 truck cant be any worse than some of the crap these companies are running.

$10,000 gets you into the range of "decent"

8. phroziac

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    Its kind of obvious what these companies are doing with the lease deals if you think about it.

And no, someone told me on the cb.

9. Mr. PlumCrazy

Mr. PlumCrazy Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Lexington NC
    Well I will tell you what an good friend told me 20 years or so ago Its called A NEVER EVER PLAN cause its likely that you will never ever own it

outerspacehillbilly and phroziac Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.