Lease purchase breakdown problem

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by TA Merlot, Jul 31, 2018.

1. TA Merlot

TA Merlot Bobtail Member

Jul 31, 2018
    I have the 2018 t680 kenworth, only had 80k miles on it when I got in. Drives smooth but it's been down twice now for the same problem and kenworth can't seem to fix the issue. Breakdown Insurance is 100 bucks a day and not enough to cover my payment.

There is a horrible vibration that overtakes the entire tractor when I brake into a ramp or slow for a curve with a load of at least 35k in the trailer. At first, a crack in passenger side brake spider was fixed under warranty and so was down for four days, now still oweing for the rest of that week. Problem is still not fixed. The vibration pulled the wheel out of my hands hard right and almost into a ditched had I not forced it back to the left.

Brake pads are not making full compression against brake drum now but that wasnt the issue the first time.

Any advice or has this happened to anyone? I don't want to give up Merlot but this is so dangerous and I cannot afford the down time.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TA Merlot

TA Merlot Bobtail Member

Jul 31, 2018
    My tractor and I

Attached Files:

fargonaz Thanks this.
  4. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    So it only happens when you apply the brakes?

5. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Warped rotors if disc brakes ?

6. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Sounds like rotors if disc brakes or drums got overheated and are out of round. Someone could have heated the drums up on a big hill. Then stopped and set the parking brakes. I was told that can make the drum out of round once they cool with parking brakes sets.

I have disc brakes on my truck and have asked how much heat can they take before they warp. Nobody seems to really know. So I could see someone getting them to hot. I don't know if dealers can check rotors because they are so new for trucking.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  7. TA Merlot

TA Merlot Bobtail Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Yes and only with loads over 35k in weight.

8. TA Merlot

TA Merlot Bobtail Member

Jul 31, 2018
    I have brake drums and pads

9. TA Merlot

TA Merlot Bobtail Member

Jul 31, 2018
    I have requested they look but they said they are going to replace drums regardless in the event they are unable to definitively declare that as the problem.

10. I glide 47

I glide 47 Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2017
    Payment is over 100 bucks a day for lease purchase can't afford the down time. Your word's not mine anybody else see the problem

RustyBolt, windsmith and JonJon78 Thank this.
  11. I glide 47

I glide 47 Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2017
    If you can't park for 30 days and drop 30000 your broke and just don't know it

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.