Lease/purchase....How do they do it?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by MNdriver, Apr 7, 2012.

1. SHC

SHC Spoiled Rotten Brat O/O

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
    I just drove by their Coincil Bluffs location a week or so ago and they had a couple ex-Werner trucks out there. Just call them and ask, they only have 1/5th of their inventory listed.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SHC

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
    And as for the $2,000 month payment, try more like $3,000+ for MegaTrux, CRE, Prime and so on..... My dads best friend is the head of security at CRE in Burns Harbor and he brings me all kinda of brand new tires chains, coolers and so on because these guys can't make it and go turn in their trucks. CRE gives them $0 back for the tire chains, which CRE made them get and they can't take them in the greyhound back with them home. I have about 12 sets of brand new super single chains in my shop. Don't run super singles tho LOL

4. US MARINE

US MARINE Heavy Load Member

Sep 15, 2011
    I don't think your credit rating should hurt you getting on with LS but I could be wrong ..

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2019
    Reason for edit: Email removed at member's request.
  5. chalupa

chalupa Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Houston,Texas
    True, but it's not what you can do....it's what you can get. Bet lower here and enjoy the pleasent surprise of more miles....bet the fuel mpg lower too. Like 5.5 or less...... again enjoy the profitability of more if you get it.

JMO

MNdriver Thanks this.
  6. mixymouse7

mixymouse7 Bobtail Member

Apr 1, 2012
    Monee il

Iam a carrier with them now ..They just approved me for loads on my own Truck and trailer ...But I want to find out about there lease .

7. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012
    My bank has already commented to me that they think my expenses are high and my income is low....:biggrin_25525:

windsmith Thanks this.
  8. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Welcome to trucking, trucks eat money and it takes time to work into good paying freight. You can just about forget about biding on goverment freight, you won't have time running 150,000 miles a year and then there is Menlo to contend with.

SHC and MNdriver Thank this.
  9. SHC

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
    I am leased to LS but I have good credit. I don't think your credit score matters tho because I just had a friend lease on here and he has horrible credit and just went thru a bankruptcy (got laid off at US Steel over a year ago) and he's loving it here.

10. dude6710

dude6710 Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2010
    MN
    I have bad credit, but you can still make things work.

11. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010
    I have never heard of Landstar or any other carrier using credit to make a hiring decision or as to whether they will lease on a new owner operator. They are interested in your safety record, work history, mvr and CSA score.

SHC Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.