Lease Purchase Programs?

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by CaptainX3, Jul 3, 2013.

1. CaptainX3

CaptainX3 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Fort Worth, TX
    They got him to lease right out of training. It's a 2104 Cascadia and had less than 20 miles on it. I know he's put a bunch of lights and chrome stuff on it, don't know if he's had it specced or anything, I seriously doubt it though. And I have no idea if they limit the modifications you can do on them or not.

I know here at Maverick, the lease guys are subject to the same restrictions on mods as the company drivers are until the truck is paid for. No drill holes, no installations, or anything like that. They're pretty restrictive.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    Nah I don't mean aftermarket mods. I'm talking actual factory specs...engine, transmission, rear ends, super singles vs duals, whether you can get an APU, the color even...that sort of stuff. If it's a lease with option to buy at the end, you shouldn't just get stuck with whatever you get stuck with. I'm guessing the only way you're going to get to that level of choosiness though is if you're ordering a new truck directly from the dealer.

4. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Not on the first lease. But, a lot of companies do allow you to spec your truck on your second lease. For a lot of folks that is the truck they wind up owning

5. jtsmith329

jtsmith329 Bobtail Member

Apr 9, 2012
    I checked into Sammons awile back they seem like a good company. But the recruiter was extremely rude to me (Female) I just wanted to know some answers to questions. Example... Terms of the lease (vary basic info) truck spec's etc... Then comes the dac report mine was good actually great ;) my safestat score is like an 8 spottless dmv record 2 million mile accident free (awarded buy ooida). Was told your NOT what we are looking for. So i guess they want drivers that they can train there way (inexperienced) not 25 plus year veterans :/

6. Passin Thru

Passin Thru Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2007
    VA
  7. popcorn169

popcorn169 Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2011
    state of confusion
    First off I am not a lease operator or an owner operator. I am a company driver who just likes to read the information on here to get a better understanding of the industry as you can always learn. I would like to make a change in my career at some point in the future. It was stated that there should be a lease forum to my understanding this is the lease forum.

A lot of people do come in here with an attitude because someone is inquiring about lease purchase. You say that you are tired of repeating yourself. My advice would be do not repeat yourself. You just keep coming back with a bigger attitude than before because someone said they did not care.

Yes a lot of people fail at a lease but also a lot of people fail as an owner. Just because you do not have a weekly truck payment does not mean that you don't have a truck payment. It comes at the end of the week or month just different amounts. For you that do not understand that method it is simply this if you have a 1200 dollar a month payment it boils down to around 300 dollars a week give or take. Then you have the fixed expenses as everyone else.

Another thing that gets a lot of people ticked off on this thread is the I said it so it must be true attitude. You come off as a smart ### who thinks that you have the only answer and it is written in stone. I just do not get the attitude you can say anything to anyone and not have to be a smart ### about it. I would bet that if you were in front of that person talking to them you would be a different person.

Some people tried to help out with the original question but it turned into a pissing contest.

I know I will step on peoples toes and I am just stating a fact about how this thread is misrepresented at points.
    If a lot of people would leave the attitude at the door and just try to help out with out all the macho (I said BS) it would get more info out and a lot less throwing stones at each other

The o/p did realize that it wasn't for him at this time and weather it came from this thread or pm's I do not know.

Bandaid Thanks this.
  8. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
  9. Lucar

Lucar Road Train Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Texas
    ... I think they forgat to put in that list they pay $2.00 per mile... NOT ! lol

10. SheepDog

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    My number is higher but, just made up,,,where did you get your numbers?

11. SheepDog

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    I was told today, be a former recruiter, the number is 80/20

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.