Lease purchase with US XPRESS

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Bluecoat, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Bluecoat

Bluecoat Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Just talked to a recruiter from US Xpress about their lease purchase program.

Anyone give me advise please do I am tired of being a company driver and Local drivers in my area dont get paid #%#*.
    I have been reading up on US X for about a week and the recruiter is going to call me next week to send me to orientation.
    I've read alot of good and bad about them looked into the contract and it sounds to me that they set it up for failure.
    So give me some feedback guys...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tirednaz

tirednaz Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Arizona
    You just answered your own question right here. IMO no L/P is worth the headache. I say save your money and buy a truck if you want to be an owner.

OPUS 7 Thanks this.
  4. stormy379

stormy379 Medium Load Member

Jan 19, 2014
    Delaware Ohio
    If you really want to do a L/P then check out JCT. They have a page here also. I have some friends that were company drivers with US EXPRESS and they seen A LOT of leased drivers that said that they were dead broke. Stay away from usxpress. Stay away stay away stay away. Heck you can even check out ACT Trucking out of Mo.

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  5. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    We work at US Xpress as company drivers. Don't see a lot of people doing the lease with them. The ones that did have trucks from the early 2000s.

It's not a bad company to work for but you only get 4 days off a month.

What state do you live in ? Some regions have dedicated accounts that get you home weekends.

6. BigBluePeter

BigBluePeter Heavy Load Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Don't do it. Its a bad deal. I know first hand. If you want to own a truck save enough for a down payment and buy one from a dealer. That way when they start to screw with you, you can threaten to move on and take your truck with you. Don't forget to put some aside for the lean winter months.

7. TruckDuo

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    BigBlue, who did you lease with ?

8. BigBluePeter

BigBluePeter Heavy Load Member

Aug 8, 2009
    USX... So Id know ... LOL

9. TruckDuo

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    How did they screw you ?

10. Harley Charlie

Harley Charlie Light Load Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Warfordsburg,Pa.
    The sad truth is some people will go broke no matter what carrier they lease purchase with and some will do just fine.

11. solomon

solomon Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2014
    Denver Co
    Just confused drivers us express some they said doing good 1700 a wk as lp some says if u make 700 u lucky so who is true full. As I seen some ppl they got fired with us express and they trying to make worst company

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.