Lease purchase with US XPRESS

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Bluecoat, Jan 22, 2014.

1. stranger

stranger Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2006
    NC
    For better or worse, LPs came about as a way to shift expenses and maintence to the lessee. Rates are low so the lessee will have to stay out weeks or months at a time to stay afloat. If you can stand these things, then go for it.

It used to be drivers went out, then came home for the weekend, and maybe also during the week. Good ole JB Hunt started the weeks/months out at a time, and others followed. Now all new drivers are brain washed that this is the way trucking is, has been, and will always be. It's a lifestyle. Well, it hasn't always been that way. It was once a respected profession that paid well above the average local wage, with weekly home time for at least two full days, or more. The big companies have either bought out or under cut the smaller companies, putting them out of business, driving driver wages down, requiring drivers to spend months or more on the road, while implementing the L/P process, where the only way a driver can turn down a load is to lease. All the while paying just enough to make them think they are doing well, but little enough pay that most only can get home for rest every few months.

Do you really think .90 cpm is a good rate? I made that 15 years ago leased on pulling their trailer, with tags paid, fuel about 1.20 a gallon, shop rates 45.00 per hour, tags around 1100.00, new Michelins around 300.00, and I was making way less than many. Leave Monday around 11:00am, home Thursday evening or Friday afternoon, 2200 to 2600 miles a week. Think about that. This is the way it was not too long ago. Big companies have taken over, and shafting the drivers.

This whole so called profession has fell into a deep hole it will never recover from. Trucking has become like most other jobs, you work like a dog for less wages while doing more than those before you. I don't know the answer, but this is what it has become.

Why do you think H1Bs and illegials are not dealt with? The larger the labor pool, the lower the wages, with more work and less pay as a result.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. solomon

solomon Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2014
    Denver Co

4. realsupatrucka

realsupatrucka Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2013
    houston tx
    Finally someone who knows the real truth about truck driving. ..companies are just greedy and wont all the cash for themselves. ..

djjerrylee1 Thanks this.
  5. realsupatrucka

Sep 25, 2013
    houston tx
    Go for what you want to do...dont let nobody tell you that you can't. ..EXPERIENCE is the best TEACHER

6. Florida Playboy

Florida Playboy Road Train Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Florida

With a flease program you're still a company driver, just with expenses.

Toomanybikes and lost-in-montana Thank this.
  7. bulldog522002

bulldog522002 Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2014
    WV.
    Just for curiosity I checked US express's website on L/O. At the bottom of the page they run through some numbers. To sum it up if you run 5500 miles a week you will net $1733.00. But what about the co driver ? There is no way you can run 5500 miles solo legally every week. Would you have to pay co-driver's wages,match their SS and carry their comp?

8. GabeScott

GabeScott Medium Load Member

Feb 16, 2014
    Your co-driver will be a student. Enjoy.

:biggrin_25512:

bulldog522002 and BoazTrucker Thank this.
  9. bulldog522002

bulldog522002 Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2014
    WV.
    Oh,well it only gets better doesn't it ! LOL !!!

10. realsupatrucka

Sep 25, 2013
    houston tx
    I was going to go to u.s express before. ..but I heard the only way to make money was team's. ..and I like riding solo...dont trust another person with my life...especially in the winter...all the drivers ive spoken with were happy abd said they were making money

11. Hittman 306

Hittman 306 Light Load Member

Sep 26, 2012
    U S Express is set up so u make around 950 dollars a week after deductions if your run solo they have some there that run students that make more and yes i was there for 4 months L10781 trk number and i took a week off and quit I make more now working for a small company running tennessee to texas and back twice a week

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.