Lease Purchase

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by MIKE1972, Nov 24, 2018.

1. MIKE1972

MIKE1972 Bobtail Member

Nov 24, 2018
    Im a company driver atm, but I will be making the move soon to lease purchase. My problem is that Im not sure what companies are good to go with. Ive spoken to recruiters but obviously they are gonna tell me what I want to hear. I know the point in LP is to buy a truck, but I dont want to starve in doing so. Any good leads for me? (Dont tell me its a bad option because, I know there are good companies out there or there would be no drivers doing it...)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. thelushlarry

thelushlarry Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    glasgow ky
    It is a very bad option. Just because 7,542,583 have failed does not mean you will. You are a lot smarter than those guys.

4. MIKE1972

MIKE1972 Bobtail Member

Nov 24, 2018

Well sitting at home from Friday until Wednesday because of no loads available isn't what I call successful either.....

5. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    Personally I saved $10,000 as a company driver, then with an excellent credit history I had no problem qualifying for a new truck I bought myself via Freightliners own finance Daimler Truck Financial. Then leased onto a company as an owner op.
    But that was 20 years ago. But with enough of a down payment and an excellent credit score you should be able to do it.

Dave_in_AZ, UturnGirl and adayrider Thank this.
  6. adayrider

adayrider Road Train Member

May 7, 2018
    What he said but make it 50-60k

Lease purchase is a real bad idea.

uncleal13 Thanks this.
  7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Greatwide has a good program.
    www.greatwideotr.com
    At Greatwide We Turn Drivers Into Owner Operators With Our Lease Purchase Program!
    Good Credit Bad Credit No Problem!

• Apply Online To Get The Process Started.

• Visit One Of The Dealers Below In Person Or Online And Pick Your Truck.
      • If You Have A Dealer Of Your Own Not On Our List No Problem! We Can Work With Them.
    • Upon Completion Of The Lease Agreement We Overnight Your Log, Stickers, etc...
      • Your First Load Will Be Waiting.
    • Poor Credit? See Below.

8. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Yeah but the other 11,049,382 people who haven't failed should indicate some do make it.

Steele123 and Chinatown Thank this.
  9. slim shady

slim shady Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Chicago, Il.
    Well just imagine if you were a LP and sitting like that

JonJon78 and Dino soar Thank this.
  10. Voorhees84

Voorhees84 Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2016
    It's a bad idea . Just because other guys have done it does not mean it's a good idea . Get a loan from a local bank and find a company that pays percentage . Mileage pay on a lease purchase will keep you a slave until you give up and the company keeps the truck.

11. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Why not just buy a truck ? I'm guessing the same reason everyone else does LP. No money, the trucking company know this and they write the lease all in their favor. They make more money if someone fails at the LP. Because they can just get another driver who will think they can beat the syatsy the company set up. They set you lease payments, they set control your miles and your pay.

Look at Prime, they change something like $1,000 a week but if you complete the LP you get a big bonus or your own money back because your pay $1,000 a week. If you fail they keep all the money and you walk away with nothing. They even call it a Walk Away LP. So if anytime you don't like it you can walk away. They got someone to pay them $1,000 a week for a truck. If you fail is never their fault. You just did not run hard enough or did not take those loads to the northeast with no parking and crazy toll.

You take all the risk and they set the pay, miles and even tell you were to go. If someone pay $1,000 a week or $52,000 a year for a truck. In 3 year the truck is paid for but that truck has LOT of value to the LP company. They can return the truck and sell it for whatever a 3 year old used truck is worth. Maybe $60,000 it probably less then that to them because it would be sold at auction. Say it worth $40,000 at auction. You see it would be in their interest to see you fail or just take the truck back after 36 months

UturnGirl and JonJon78 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.