Lease Purchase

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by hawkeyejr69, Apr 13, 2013.

1. hawkeyejr69

hawkeyejr69 Bobtail Member

Jul 23, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Thank you Truckenbuzz123

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. hawkeyejr69

hawkeyejr69 Bobtail Member

Jul 23, 2008
    Denver, CO
  4. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    If,

They can put that on paper with a guarantee then I would look into it, but that is working yourself pretty hard and remember they control that carrot in front of you. That is 3500 miles per week, allot of miles for one driver to push. Is it live load and unload or drop and hook?

Lilbit, MJ1657 and hawkeyejr69 Thank this.
  5. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    14000 miles a month?! I'm all for hard work and all, but Jesus. that kind of running week in, and week out will make you old very fast. not to mention if you somehow did manage too complete the lease, the truck is worn out. as for the pay, at 1.50 you can make a decent living, but it requires controlling your cost, keeping expenses very low, this lease is very high cost, so that won't happen. this lease is a very very bad deal for you and a very very good deal for them.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
    hawkeyejr69 and aiwiron Thank this.
  6. carrkool

carrkool Heavy Load Member

May 10, 2012
    adah, pa
    3500 miles a week i am just warmed up...

hawkeyejr69 Thanks this.
  7. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    week in and week out without ever having a lighter week?

hawkeyejr69 Thanks this.
  8. leaseman

leaseman Bobtail Member

Sep 28, 2009
    There is not enough information to make a judgment call here. Best way to make an evaluation is to put these numbers down on paper INCLUDING income, market value of the truck, residuals if any, etc. Your wanting to figure out what your net income will be along with truck equity. Compare these numbers to what your other options are, if any. Don't listen to anyone discouraging you in this thread. How can they shoot it down when they don't have all the info (drives me crazy, sorry I digress). This may be a great opportunity. Good luck with it!

9. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012
    The contract SUCKS. See comments in red.

These right here are over $3125 FIXED operating costs. And those are the LOW ENDS of your numbers. You haven't even started to pay yourself yet. Much less looked at other business expenses. Those will add up to another $3200 for a living wage for yourself.

10. Truckenbuzz123

Truckenbuzz123 Bobtail Member

Apr 10, 2013
    KY
    no that's my buddies I got a older truck leasing it threw a dealer all my fixed cost are 498 week on avg. my lease is only for a year and half with a 1$ buy out. my buddies is $6000 buy out with a 2 year lease. with fuel ext... my buddiey at the post I stated above hes bring home 1600 a week not all ways about he 67% but a lot to do with what they have your running and how much they have you running and hes only running about 2200 miles a week and home every weekend. and yes the 67% is a big key but worthless if you don't go with a company that does not have the goods. but unlike my buddy I will be going in to this with 10k sitting in a account just in case. I under stand a lot of people don't like the idea of a lease but its not bad if you get smart about it do a background check on the truck/company and company you are leasing from and never get a truck from the same place you get a load. b/c the only way they make $ off you is if they run the truck. that's just the way I see things. plus its not the 1st time I have leased and I have a lot of help from family that runs there own car dealer ships so I get some insight on things that need to be happening.

11. Truckenbuzz123

Truckenbuzz123 Bobtail Member

Apr 10, 2013
    KY
    ya for got to add they pay your fuel tax also. and the payments have your work comp built in to it forgot that also

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.