Lease Purchase

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by countryboy02, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Young_Gun

Young_Gun Light Load Member

Nov 21, 2011
    Tampa, Florida

I can get you in a brand new 126 New Cascadia with driver lounge, APU, Built-in Frig, XM/Bluetooth/CD radio, with a 2.41 Axle Ratio (DT Rear-Axle) Disc Breaks (front and rear) Heated Mirrors (primary and hood) DD15 (505hp @1625 RMP ) with an DT12 Automated Manual Trans. and nearly all the bells and whistles for a little around 2,315 (give or take 1-200) a month. Or another way, 578.75 a week.

Granted that's with a down payment for $10,000, and 4.3% interest rate, and 60 months.

Just thought I would throw that out there. ;)

You do make a point that you can "walk away" but you can "walk away" from SNF and lease on to another company that fits your needs better. Plus, the trucks you get from SNF are used, and beat to hell by other drivers. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    Reason for edit: Needed to clarify
  2. PoleCrusher

PoleCrusher Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    LLMF
    What is "SNF"?

3. Young_Gun

Nov 21, 2011
    Tampa, Florida
    Tbh, I kinda assumed it was Schneider Freight, but like what wife says... I'm probably wrong.

lovesthedrive Thanks this.
  4. PoleCrusher

Aug 26, 2014
    LLMF
    SNI, or Schneider National Inc., is the trucking company, and the biggest part of Schneider.

Then there is Schneider Logistics, the brokerage arm.

SFI, Schneider Finance Inc., is the finance arm of the company.

First correction for you, SFI trucks that are leased to individuals are never driven by company drivers.

Second correction, the trucks range from new to 3 yrs old. So no you don't end up with a truck that's all beat up, even if you pick a used one.

And, if you can get a first time truck buyer with an average credit score a brand new truck, with less than 10% down and a 4.3% apr, I want to know who your finance company is.

5. Young_Gun

Nov 21, 2011
    Tampa, Florida
    Wife, once again is right.

Thanks for clearing that information up for me!

As far as your question.

Yes, someone with not "great" credit would be required to put down a larger down-payment. Let's say for a $126,000 truck, and you put down 20% that's $25,200. With 7% in sales tax, and at worse 10% interest, you're still looking at a $2,329 per-month payment. Granted this is a 60 month loan.

If you like playing with fiance calculators here is my source for the financing:

Calculator

6. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Your calculator is flawed because it factors 10%. I have an 825 credit score, proof of buying and operating a truck for 5 years and the best Daimler would offer is 16%.
    I went to my local bank with the same information and got 5.8%.

7. shatteredsquare

shatteredsquare Road Train Member

May 23, 2014
    middle dirt
    How much extra for an included bulk equipment package, product pump, PTO, compressor, hydroPack, +hose rack, an equipment set that's all been selected and settled on from 3+ decades of proven reliability, installed on the same truck model in the same way by the same dudes that build the bulk fleet trucks. it's a package deal that leaves me close to zero questions about 'is it going to work out,' at the cost of leaving what probably could be an extra 25k a year on the table.

8. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    You'd have to ask the bulk fellas.

9. shatteredsquare

shatteredsquare Road Train Member

May 23, 2014
    middle dirt
    That's me trying to say Schneider Finance. SFI...

PoleCrusher Thanks this.
  10. PoleCrusher

Aug 26, 2014
    LLMF
    Let's not forget to add things to this $126,000 truck that matter to any O/O that cares about their equipment.

APU, bunk heater, full gauge package etc...

Then add dealer fees, loan origination fees, delivery fees, FET etc...

shatteredsquare Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.