Lease Questions, please don't attack

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by TruckerWifeBoogie, Jun 27, 2022.

1. Gabe2790

Gabe2790 Light Load Member

Mar 23, 2020
    Your troll game is beyond ridiculous! IDGAF what the website says. I make what I make, Running regional as opposed to OTR means almost 90% of my loads are dedicated pre loads- meaning I get way more loads per week than OTR; also why I don’t buy a trailer. I was trying to help the OP, I posted supporting info when I didn’t have to. If you want, I’ll help you too…. If all you want to do is troll, go kick rocks‍

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kenworth6969

Kenworth6969 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2020
    Gross $10k and be home every week would be one heck of an advertisement if that was indeed reality.

Don't see why they'd advertise with cheap pay instead on their website.
    Think I'll give them a call to see what they say.
    I wouldn't mind rolling In the dough and being home if it's true. If not I'll be back here with more ammunition lol.

4. Gabe2790

Mar 23, 2020
    You honestly think I fabricated those screenshots while rolling? You really are a joker.
    You say “ammunition”- but you’ve just been shooting blanks.
    Make your phone calls- won’t change anything ✌

5. Kenworth6969

Kenworth6969 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2020
    Unfortunately soo much bs is posted on this site that you can't believe anything.

The freight market is terrible right now.
    I have yet to talk to any driver making big bucks currently.

6. Gabe2790

Mar 23, 2020
    I have felt it a bit, but we have ton of dedicated- mostly construction materials so I think it’s been more consistent. When things slow down they cut the “gold fleet” loads and don’t broker loads out. I’ve just had to change how I ran for a few weeks.

7. jefftruck37

jefftruck37 Bobtail Member

Aug 23, 2022
    Have no idea why all the hate for people that lease or want to lease. For some people it works for others it doesn’t. The fact that you get this blast to the face anytime you mention it is weird to me. Do your research understand the market and make your decision on your own cause coming here is almost a waste of time imo. Too many people listening to people they don’t know on here and YouTube. Do your own research people it’s not that hard.

thelinedriver, tscottme and Gabe2790 Thank this.
  8. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Here's the problem - I've been watching folks sign on the bottom line for over a decade. Over 60% of the folks who 'lease on' with my company don't make it to one year. If people were actually doing their research and due diligence, they wouldn't be signing a lease/purchase. The break even for the company is about 4 months, the break even for a driver is 48 months. The deck is stacked in the company's favor.

There are ways to acquire and run your own truck successfully , leasing from the company that dispatches you is rarely one of them.

blairandgretchen and markealy Thank this.
  9. jefftruck37

jefftruck37 Bobtail Member

Aug 23, 2022
    Not necessarily disagreeing with but I did start and finish a lease through a company. But I also was willing to run whenever and wherever and be gone for as long as I needed to be to get it done.

10. thelinedriver

thelinedriver Light Load Member

Dec 24, 2017
    There's a lot of misinformation from both ends it seems.
    The data on the internet is unreliable.
    Not enough people doing it ,that are posting reviews, some people make comments on it being bad and they never done it before, I've seen one in particular cigar smoking Grey haired old dude on YouTube who confirms this to be true.
    It is really hard to make a post on here without negative feedback from people who haven't even researched the question .
    We should make a forum ourselves that just doesn't allow negative answers,an d I don't mean we can't have back and forth discussions, I mean a good clean discussion with out the what seems to be mostly bitter responses.

11. thelinedriver

thelinedriver Light Load Member

Dec 24, 2017
    Prime example of what I said earlier.
    He could of just said run the numbers andaybe given us an example of what that looks like, but instead he insults the person who created the thread

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.