Leased on Owner Op Ideas

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Midwest Trucker, May 26, 2020.

1. Oakland Raiders Forever

Oakland Raiders Forever Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2020
    Point well taken. If you can earn a PROFIT on top of what you can earn on that of an employee driver you are closer to a business. Would someone pay you to purchase your business is another check in the column of is it a business or is it a job.

snowwy and Midwest Trucker Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    What do you mean? Like ELD? I use Omnitrac but this is just a hypothetical anyway. It’s real life but I’m not recruiting on here.

Unfortunately, I’m sure that’s most peoples experience. I’ve been doing it for years though and this would be no different. I like the added pressure. Problem is people probably want this plus have say where and when they are going but that’s not how it works. If they knew when, where, and how to run they wouldn’t need or want me.

Edit: I sortof take that last line back. Some people may just not want to deal with the headache of your own authority.

Last edited: May 27, 2020
  4. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    stick to your side of the contract, I'll stick to my side of the contract. That's it. If the contract isn't profitable for one side or the other, we can part ways.

and ALWAYS remember...I don't work FOR you! I work WITH you. This is a contractual partnership. The moment you try to treat me like an employee, I'm out the door. I have ONE boss. Me. I make the final call on my business. I own the mistakes, and celebrate the successes on my own.

5. PoleCrusher

PoleCrusher Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    LLMF
    Thus mindset is one of the biggest problems in the trucking industry.

D.Tibbitt, jsnell and roshea Thank this.
  6. Midwest Trucker

Aug 31, 2018
    Seems like nobody likes my ideas. :(

LOL. Everybody must be making great money. Good deal. I thought people were going out of business.

blacklabel and jsnell Thank this.
  7. Midwest Trucker

Aug 31, 2018
    And btw folks my 1 owner op has been with me for over 4 years so he must be doing alright. I must not be too big of an ### hole either. Although that’s debatable. :D

jsnell and tommymonza Thank this.
  8. Constant Learner

Constant Learner Medium Load Member

Jul 19, 2011
    The Moon

No, if you work under my numbers, you work for me. Period. That's a big deal. You make
    one mistake, I can go out of business because you.

Wasted Thyme Thanks this.
  9. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    There is a reason why many larger companies that say “no force dispatch”. The headaches created by O/O’s if they are disgruntled later is to much risk.

10. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    All the time every time some are going broke , some are treading water , some are doing well and a few ( 4 that I know of) are on the Forbes billionaire list. My company is shrinking there power unit count by about 30% and they would love to drop there trailer count by 40%. Lots of parked equipment there.

Midwest Trucker Thanks this.
  11. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    Deal. I don't work for you.

My equipment, my risk. And MY rules.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.