Leasing from Penske?

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Verdel, Jul 15, 2015.

1. bigred81

bigred81 Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2013
    So roughly $1800 month and $.08 a mile, not bad to me anyway.

Big Herb The Trucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big Herb The Trucker

Big Herb The Trucker Light Load Member

Jun 10, 2017
    NYC
    So which on was it Penske or Ryder. How long was the lease term?Did you do the lease?

bigred81 Thanks this.
  4. bigred81

Aug 5, 2013
    I was wondering how they track the miles

5. Big Herb The Trucker

Jun 10, 2017
    NYC
    I think you tell them the miles and when you bring it in for maintenance they check. If you are lying they charge you would be my guess.

6. Big Herb The Trucker

Jun 10, 2017
    NYC
    I don't know why a lot of people are scared of a payment like that. I am more scared of an engine blowing up and costing me 20 grand all at once.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
    DarkhorseEnterprises and bigred81 Thank this.
  7. bigred81

Aug 5, 2013
    I think you are right about the mileage. I will ask this week.
    Exactly, or sitting for several days while they keep re fixing a problem they can't seem to identify. To me, it is like being s company driver in that, something goes wrong, I call one number and someone else is responsible for getting it fixed.

8. Big Herb The Trucker

Jun 10, 2017
    NYC
    Exactly! Its just way less stress and you can devote more of your time to building a fleet instead of worrying about repairs and the crazy cost of them.

bigred81 Thanks this.
  9. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    When I worked inside the corporate office 3 years ago with a company of 100 plus trucks, the owner asked me to negotiate a lease rate with Penske on 4 FL Evolutions. He wanted to test them out in his fleet.

The lease rate negotiated was $2,600 a month and .10 a mile maintenance. Mind you, that rate was obtained by a company with millions of dollars worth of revenue in addition to Penske sharpening their pencil in the hope they were going to receive an order for 10 new FL Evolutions by my company.

So, I'm still waiting for someone to post a truck lease contract from Penske on a similar truck for under $2,000 a month and .08 to .10 a mile.

My shorts are just aching for me to eat them LOL

10. bigred81

Aug 5, 2013
    Who wrote anything that said a Penske Lease for under $2,000 a month?
    I wrote around $2000 a month and if you subtract the additional cost of an evo versus a standard Cascadia, it would be closer to $2,000. There are variables in lease deals just like purchases. Like in some states, they tax leases as a sale, others I understand do not.

The fellow in the video said he leases a Volvo for under 2k from Volvo. I haven't priced Volvo so I have no idea how doable that is for someone else.
    Do you have a copy of the contract?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  11. Big Herb The Trucker

Jun 10, 2017
    NYC
    Where did anyone say you can lease from them for under $2000 I think your looking for something that no one said. But as bigred81 stated its all about the truck the Evo is top of the line not a regular Cascadia. Also a Brand New Volvo is about 15-20 grand cheaper than a Brand new Freighliner.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.