Leasing on

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Badmon, Jan 23, 2022.

1. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Is that when something happens and they quit?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Sometimes that's it. Had a few that have charged a repair/parts, get their settlement and then quit. With reefers you get a small un-insured claim that they don't agree with, and they dis-appear. Not often, but it does happen.

Long FLD, Badmon and Siinman Thank this.
  4. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
    Most lease agreements favor the carrier.

If your an alpha personality that wins. Go for authority. Anything less is just taking your potential. If you like to play safe and may need to sharpen your tools, lease on. I leased on for about 2 months and realized a leased on O/O is really just an employee with a truck. Got my authority and wouldn’t have it any other way. I make my decisions, why would I ever have someone else run my business? No one will ever make my success their number one priority in their life other than me.

5. Badmon

Badmon Heavy Load Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Deep south
    Great replies here thanks everyone

ProfessionalNoticer Thanks this.
  6. noworrez

noworrez Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2020
    Why wait on getting your authority? I got my authority November 2020 and was going to wait until April 2021 to go out...avoid the winter slow down, crappy weather all that. The husband/wife team I used for dispatch convinced me not to wait, made a good argument of using the slower months to get my bearings and all that. January 6 2021 everything became finalized, pulled my first load and never looked back. March 2021 was my best month, $32,381 and boy I'm glad I didn't wait! Win or lose, it's all on me and I answer to no one!

7. peabody747

peabody747 Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2022
    so cloud trucks, they give you full opportunity to run your own business at 85 percent revenue. And you can leave whenever you want. Also if you have your own authority you can get 94 percent revenue

Badmon Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.