Leasing Program

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Kingty9183, Jun 8, 2021.

1. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Im not saying its bad to work with a dispatcher either . that is what i do. But i have the full ability to say no at any time and go work with whoever i want within the company or book my own loads off the loadboard and outside brokerages.... It is when u are getting paid by the mile and having somebody book loads for you, while you assume all the risk of a business but control none of your revenue. that is a set up for failure

ethridge, Gabe2790 and N00bLaLoosh Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gabe2790

Gabe2790 Light Load Member

Mar 23, 2020
    I’m definitely struggling with that thought. Everything else with the company seems good. I’m going to drive company for six months or so and then decide.
    It’s not a long term plan; it’s a try and set myself up to be able to actually buy a truck on my own plan. I’m sure I’m not the first…
    Appreciate your insight D

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  4. D.Tibbitt

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    It is a great way to learn the business without taking all the risk of directly owning a truck . feel free to ask me any questions u run into . im 2 years into a lease purchase . dont know everything there is to know but have a good idea of how to stay out of trouble. Good luck brother

Gabe2790 Thanks this.
  5. Gabe2790

Mar 23, 2020
    From what I’ve been told (), lp drivers are treated the same as 0/0 with this company, and both can deny loads. As far as I know I wouldn’t be able to go book elsewhere though.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  6. Gabe2790

Mar 23, 2020
    Thanks brother- I’ll dm you so I don’t further hijack this thread

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  7. D.Tibbitt

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    As long as they have a good selection of freight and have good customers then you dont really need to go outside of the company. But the main point in trying to make here is freight is your entire business . you want to have the advantage in that transaction at all times. And the people you work with need to understand that this business is about your truck . they are here to work for you, the indvidual contractor. Not the trucking company itself.

8. ibcalm19

ibcalm19 Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    It ain't Easy being easy:rolleyes::rolleyes:

drivinhome Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.