Leasing SFI Jul 22

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Roadpilot2021, Aug 1, 2022.

1. trucknguy

trucknguy Medium Load Member

Mar 19, 2015
    West coast
    Better, they are dropping, but availability is still bad.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ibcalm19

ibcalm19 Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    I worked for a company saved my money bought a good used truck and never looked back. I do work on my own equipment. They are just tools to me new or used as long as they do the job. I have both a new one and old one. I don't believe in overpay for anything. It happens at times but that's not my norm.

4. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Insurance (including BT, and WC), are included in the quote. Also, part of the weekly payment is escrow money to a maintenance account.

It would be interesting to know what the conventional loan on this would be. And what the ultimate 'all in' payoff would be.

Honestly, I think you'd find that Schneider is in the ballpark.

5. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    As someone that buys trucks, and grinds people down until they cry like someone stabbed them. It's not as awful as the ignorant make it seem.

You are paying a lot for warranty. The warranty may be a bit over rated.

That might sound odd. But unless you get the lemon truck, you're not going to have too many issues until it's longer in the tooth. And the warranty is gone then anyway.

The only drawback really is that monster balloon at the end.

The risk is if you can generate the revenue.

If you can't manage your money, you shouldn't be an O/O anyway.

6. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I also believe a good used truck is the best way. But perhaps that's not available to him.

If you have a specific better plan of action for the man, by all means provide him with a phone number.

7. Roadpilot2021

Roadpilot2021 Bobtail Member

May 21, 2021
    Dave , I really appreciate your responses and for sure there is always alternative options for everything in life .
    I didn’t make my final decision about leasing yet , I’m doing my studies and open for more advices from experience pilots.

I’m on phase two of SFI process , so excited to get a copy of the agreement contract and will get back here to share some terms to get a clear understanding from you .

from YouTube truckers 90% recommended SFI terms over others but let’s see what I get in August 2022 .

8. Another Canadian driver

Another Canadian driver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2021
    ALBERTA
    Company driver with a great company is the best choice today.
    You may choose not to listen to this advice.
    It's your right after all.
    Good luck.
    You'll need it.

ColoradoLinehaul and ibcalm19 Thank this.
  9. ibcalm19

ibcalm19 Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    I did just tell him a plan go to work for a company that works for him save money and buy a good used truck. It's not a complicated process. If buying an overpriced truck is the way he chooses to go that's on his time and pocket. I hope it goes well for him. End of the story for me.

10. Roadpilot2021

Roadpilot2021 Bobtail Member

May 21, 2021
    Very very appreciated your advice and hopefully will find good company for the upcoming season.

11. Bill51

Bill51 Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2015
    Fixed that for you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.