leasing to landstar

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by bameyi, Sep 28, 2008.

1. CHUBBYBUNNY

CHUBBYBUNNY Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2013
    First of all the only thing I get defensive about is for some western star driving yahoo to call me "bud". Secondly this is a Landstar thread so while I may have been mistaken about where a truck may be titled your not being leased to Landstar doesn't make you an authority on Landstar things. Thirdly, you got 5 % rate and that sounds outside the norm for me but like I said anything below 10% is preferable on a commercial loan. Lots of people took a credit hit with the recent downturn in the economy and if you didn't that doesn't make you a hero. Everybody pays their bills until they can't. Don't act like you are somehow doing it better than the rest of us because we are still here too and I am debt free and don't need to finance anything. But since you mentioned it I am going to call about financing a real truck, a Kenworth, and see what the going rates are. I am sure you can a cheap rate on a Western Star because they can't give those trucks away so there has to be some incentive. Lastly, why don't you troll the site where you are leased on. Or if you are the hero that you make yourself out to be then perhaps you have your own authority and have no place to troll? Whatever the case we don't need no non Landstar Western Star driving hero trolling a Landstar thread who is busy patting himself on the back about how he pays his bills on time. I don't appreciate the inference, pal, that the rest of us don't know what we are doing. Take your smug attitude back to whatever hole you crept out of.

exhausted379 and Captbob412 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. leftlanetruckin

leftlanetruckin Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Mo Via Blackpool,Lancs.
    Wow....but you aren't defensive huh?
    Have a wonderful day, and maybe a Prozac:biggrin_25525:
    Like I said, good rates (@5%) are indeed out there.
    As far as WS goes...I owned a 4 axle W9 years ago, so been there and done that. But the quality went downhill when they started selling fleet trucks, and the interior room is a joke (I live on the inside after all) so here I am in a Star.
    Anything else you want to try to insult, or is that it for now? You must have some more inside there somewhere....

Martin

4. CHUBBYBUNNY

Oct 11, 2013
    Well bud, it is you who have been acting all superior and smug. 6 or 6.5% ain't far from your hero rate of 5% but of course only the chosen ones who pay their bills could possibly qualify for that, right? And you are the person with the attitude. The first thing you typed about my reply was, "Wrong"! I don't mind being wrong occasionally but you have a tactless way of putting it. Besides, you aren't leased to Landstar so how the hell do you know what goes on here. You might want to check your ego at the door next time before popping of to your superiors.

5. leftlanetruckin

leftlanetruckin Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Mo Via Blackpool,Lancs.
    Registering/titling a truck, and permitting it to run interstate commerce, are two different things regardless of the company. Always have been. There have to be plenty of guys with paid off equipment over there, that title their trucks in their home state surely? It has always been my choice of where the truck is registered, regardless of who I was running under.
    If I came off smug, then you have my apologies. Not my intention at all.
    I dont beat around the bush, if something is wrong, it's wrong. Period.
    My hero rate? :biggrin_25519: Good one. Over 6% these days of low interest rates is indeed NOT a good rate. I am sure that others are getting a better rate than me, seeing as my house finance rate is just over 2%! That extra one percent or so makes a BIG difference over a course of 4 or 5 years on a $100k note, agreed? Just worked it out....$57 a month, at 60 months....$3420. On $100k. Not a measly sum IMHO
    I dont care if someone gets hoodwinked into thinking 6-7% is a good rate. Not my money is it? Thus I dont get butthurt over it, I just state facts as I have experienced them over the last 2 trucks/@8-9yrs, at the lower rates.
    I do however, think that a person should have all the information out there about such things, and not just listen to some salesman from either a dealership or a carrier.
    And the thread is irrelevant when it comes to things like finance. Daimler, Paccar, Wells Fargo, etc don't care.
    Martin

6. CHUBBYBUNNY

Oct 11, 2013
    Point taken. I have my truck registered in Oklahoma but plated in Illinois and just forgot about the procedure. I could save money by buying my permits from Oklahoma but it is easier to just do it through Landstar. Yes that 1 or 2% does make a difference over time but you can save money by paying biweekly. Unless it says in your contract that you will pay x amount regardless. Most mortgages can be paid off with a substantial savings if you pay biweekly. I have had my coffee and breakfast and booked a load or two so I guess I can be more civil and less ######## now. Thanks for the input and I am giing to check out the financing. I had a deal on a western star years ago but ended up with a W900 because of a better interest rate.

leftlanetruckin Thanks this.
  7. hawkjr

hawkjr Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Virginia
    For my first truck I had to finance thru Mercedes-Benz, I put down 10K on a 40K truck (06 W900) with 10% & a 30 month loan, also my credit score was a 734. That was the best deal I could fine, so what I was told by other owner ops, that won't a bad deal

8. exhausted379

exhausted379 Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2013
    My truck is titled in Texas, but I run landstar plates.

9. CHUBBYBUNNY

Oct 11, 2013

Yep and you have a good credit score. Maybe nowadays there are some good rates but upwards of 10% seemed pretty common. I think I financed my Kw at 8% back in 2000. My trailer in 2005 was at 7%. Back then my credit score was 720 or so I think.

10. GITRDUN45

GITRDUN45 Heavy Load Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Y'all need to clarify if your numbers are on new truck or used. Last few post could confuse the thread starter needing help. Used rates a lot higher than new. Now some banks offer new rates on used up to a certain age of truck. Each bank is different.

11. CHUBBYBUNNY

Oct 11, 2013
    Mine was new equipment

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.