Leaving for Orientation 10-13-12 in Tulsa,Ok

Discussion in 'Melton' started by Azcannon, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Azcannon

Azcannon Medium Load Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Phx.AZ
    Still here , Melton called me today when I stopped for my first load check , asked me what they could do to change my mind. They repowered my load so I could go home and I only had to drive back home.I lost 1/2 a day to this b.s. but I am glad to be home instead of on my way to Dallas as far as still working here I have a good job and I expect to not have to go through this again getting home on time , there are a few things I can do better to avoid it also and you can bet I will. I am going to take a little more time off from now on instead of staying out so long so my family doesnt get so strained and Melton has to get better at getting me home , again it might have been a non issue if I had put in for hometime a few days earlier but regardless I am done sitting around til the last minute to see if I am going home or picking up a load to go home. That was a major part the reason this blew up , oh well . I am home and still work here , and I need to put a bunch of crap back in my truck ( after I clean it )

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Triletter

Triletter Light Load Member

Aug 30, 2012
    Glad it is working out for both parties. Hope to meet you out on the road sometime.

4. Love Driveing

Love Driveing Bobtail Member

Jul 28, 2013
    If you have otr experience but not flatbed, do you have to go out with a trainer?

5. Triletter

Triletter Light Load Member

Aug 30, 2012
    Love driving, I'm in the later phase of orientation getting ready to finish up. I had minimal OTR and I won't be going out with a trainer. Lots of info about flatbed, but you get access to lots of resources; human and others.

6. wyndup

wyndup Medium Load Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Pine Valley, CA
    If you have more than 3 months Exp you dont have to. I came to Melton with only dry van and refer. I would have liked to go out with a trainer. Securing your loads for the first 2 or 3 weeks can be very stressful. and orientation does not cover securement well enough (In my opinion)

7. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    You're right. I don't think they go over it enough either......but what they do show you is the basics. Everything else is just common sense. Where to throw straps, how many to throw, etc. Iust remember you can never throw too much securement, and there are many drivers willing to help.

8. Azcannon

Jan 24, 2010
    Phx.AZ
    I disagree but respect your opinion , I believe it has much more to do with the individual

your just wrong :tongue7:, I felt Orientation was good , very good instructor in Tulsa , and agree totally on the common sense and overstrapping/chaining/builkheading

9. Azcannon

Jan 24, 2010
    Phx.AZ
    2900 miles last week 2 loads , tarped , ended up in Oakland New Jersey !!! not awesome lol , have a good load now from NJ to Laredo,looking like another good week.

Mrh2008 Thanks this.
  10. burke

burke Light Load Member

Mar 24, 2013
    orlando, FL
    Good luck coming out of Laredo

11. Mrh2008

Mrh2008 Road Train Member

May 25, 2012
    Mesa, AZ
    I was in and out of Laredo in 4 hours about 2 weeks ago.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.