LED fog lights

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by Socal Xpress, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Socal Xpress

Socal Xpress Road Train Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Los Angeles, Ca
    So who is running Deep space lighting LED fog lights?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigTennOTR

BigTennOTR Medium Load Member

Dec 5, 2016
    Tenn
    I dont have the foglights....but my low beams are l.e.d .....best purchase EVERRRRR sometimes makes ppl mad on a 2 way highway....but what can i do....i can get them for 150 for low beams and they come with a good warranty

Socal Xpress Thanks this.
  4. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    While I understand the need to see where you're going, is it necessary to have lights that will burn the retinas out of the idiot coming towards you? Those super duper bright LED lights should be outlawed. Just my opinion though.

Last night I was going out 78 towards Allentown, in the rain and a little fog. (Now bear in mind it's not winter, so it's the other season: construction) So I get in the cattle chutes, and coming the other direction was someone in a car with the LED moonbeams on ,along with ultra bright fog lights. I couldn't see anything at all. For about five seconds. But I'm glad they could see...

Gonna soon bring my welding helmet along at night

driverdriver, Joetro, hiredgun and 5 others Thank this.
  5. BigTennOTR

Dec 5, 2016
    Tenn
    No no no.....mine aint nothing compared to what i have seen out here....they are great...but i might get 1 a week that will flash their lights at me....and if i stay on the interstates....no one ever has a problem with them

6. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Do have projection lamps or just plain old lens?

7. BigTennOTR

Dec 5, 2016
    Tenn
    Plain old lenses.....the truck needed something it was incredibly hard to see at night....my boss went and picked the truck up from the shop...and was like how do. You see at night!! Mind you hes 26 and so am i...so he decided to put the l.e.ds in it...are they bright..and maybe annoying yeah but by no means does it blind you

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  8. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    I wasn't trying to incite a riot by what I posted. I hope I didn't offend anyone. But I think you know what I'm talking about. I don't know the proper name of the lights I speak of, but they're obnoxiously bright. And if you have a Volvo, I can understand your dilemma. I've never driven one, but I see them going down the road and wonder how a person is supposed to see with those factory "lights". Reminds me of two lightning bugs doing the nasty.

Joetro Thanks this.
  9. BigTennOTR

Dec 5, 2016
    Tenn
    Haha i know what your talking about....only thing i hate is if i push in the buttons....my lights come on....so if im in a truck stop trying to back up its difficult for me to back up and hold down the button on the steering wheel too.....so i apologize in advance if a pro star with bright lights shines through your curtains :(

jrotra Thanks this.
  10. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    best inversment i ever made only problem is that sometimes need to program LCM to shut off current detection but not a big deal i have them in all my truck low/high beam and fog lights

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  11. Sublime

Sublime Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Twin Cities, MN
    Well I guess I'm sorta getting used to dealing with Volvos running around all the time with their high beams on anyway. Now I suppose I'll have to get used to them with their LED high beams on all the time at some point. Maybe it's time to rig up a retaliation set.

Joetro and bzinger Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.