LED Headlights

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by 93Cobra, Mar 15, 2010.

1. 93Cobra

93Cobra Bobtail Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Have you all seen the LED headlights that are available (from JW Speaker and model 8800)? They are a standard 4"x6" headlight and come in sets of four (2 high beam, and 2 low beam) for a standard 4 headlight truck. I work for a fire department on the side and got these in a new truck that we bought. These are a night and day difference from the standard halogen lights and are DOT approved. These are not HID lights as those are something totally different... and more expensive. These LED lights came with a 4 year warranty and are absolutely awesome. They plug right into your existing location and that is it - not cutting, drilling, wiring involved. These make our lives in the fire service much, much safer since the standard halogen bulbs just don't cut it for us. I thought it would be helpful to pass along to you guys.

scatruck and FIB Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 93Cobra

93Cobra Bobtail Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Also, if you would like to know where we got them from, let me know and I can pass that along.

4. 93Cobra

93Cobra Bobtail Member

Mar 15, 2010
    These are remarkable at night... the whole light path in front of the vehicle is lit up. These have had no issues in the rain/snow/fog like I thought they might... they are what we have all been waiting for in the fire service.

Here are pictures...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This shows you the difference. LED on the left, and the standard halogen on the right.
    [​IMG]

5. sulltran

sulltran Light Load Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Boston,MA
    Just what I have been waiting for. The stock headlights are awful. I will try and find these on the web. Thank you.

6. Ken

Ken Couch Commander

Oct 29, 2006
    JW Speaker doesn't list a price.. I'm guessing those puppies aren't cheap?

7. 93Cobra

93Cobra Bobtail Member

Mar 15, 2010
    You will be able to find them on the JW Speaker web site but you cannot buy through them we found out (they wouldn't sell to us since were not a company). They sent us to the place below and we had to price and order through here:

LEDheadlights@sutphen.com

I hope that helps get you what you need.

swaan Thanks this.
  8. 93Cobra

93Cobra Bobtail Member

Mar 15, 2010
    We got them for less than $1500 (that was all 4 lights) but I cannot remember the exact cost. At the rate we were burning through halogen lights, as well as not being able to see at night, we thought this was a wise investment. We will never have to worry about headlights again. These should actually out-last the vehicle they are installed on and require a very low amperage to run.

Ken Thanks this.
  9. Ken

Ken Couch Commander

Oct 29, 2006
    Yikes.. I'll be waiting for the price to come down.. I can see good enough.. :yes2557:

icsheeple and EZX1100 Thank this.
  10. Mastertech

Mastertech Staff Leader / Admin Staff Member Administrator

Dec 28, 2007
    3rd Rock From The Sun.
    You can see the TV from the couch just fine huh, Ken...lol

Ken Thanks this.
  11. black_dog106

black_dog106 Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2009
    MA
    I get the impression your a salesman, 93Cobra?
    LED is great, but..... The tail lights dont make enough heat to melt the snow off of them. I assume it would be the same for headlights?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.