Led lights

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by 1nicevette, Jun 28, 2021.

1. 1nicevette

1nicevette Medium Load Member

Dec 22, 2016
    Good evening agents,
    What’s the brightest 4 inch led you can’t get
    I would like to swap out the ones I have in the back of my sleeper. Also what are the brightest 3/4 lights.
    Also where can I buy them at?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lester

lester Midwest's #1 Feed Hauler

Jan 2, 2012
    NW, Iowa
    I'd go with a name brand like a Grote, stay away from the cheap Chinese crap from Amazon.

Clear lense with red led seem a touch brighter. Also use a stop, tail, turn and wire it up to the bright side

Cattleman84 Thanks this.
  4. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    Yep, Grote are about as good as you can get IMO.

5. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Just remember if they are too bright, some cop can write a violation for it.

6. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    I like Grote 54492 red 4" round LED's. They only have 3 diodes and look like the old incandescent type taillights until they light up then there's no doubt they are LED.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  7. RoadRunner36

RoadRunner36 Bobtail Member

Dec 26, 2019
    Honestly I do not see what the big deal is about having LEDs. Frankly I'm getting sick of being blinded 10x a night.
    I have LEDs on my brights, just so I can punish the people riding LED bars all night and day. But I got halogens for the dims. Really there is no need to have such brightness and it is inconsiderate to other drivers. I'm not one for regulations but I'm starting to think it's necessary since people just keep installing brighter and brighter and I do not doubt it is shortening my driving career long term.

Really, what is the big deal with having LEDs top bottom and center on your rig?

8. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    With the recent pandemic of ####tards that don't dim their lights while following I am putting rear facing LED lights on all my vehicles.

lester Thanks this.
  9. lester

lester Midwest's #1 Feed Hauler

Jan 2, 2012
    NW, Iowa
    I've got a big light bar plus flood lights on the back of my trailer on a switch in the cab. I definitely put them to use when someone is riding my butt of has high beams on. Brings me much joy

1nicevette Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.