Left during training, can I still work in the industry?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Slaughter31, Jan 24, 2012.

1. roadreeler57

roadreeler57 Light Load Member

Nov 19, 2011
    Toledo,Ohio
    Most of the time they just put you with a diffrent trainer...BTW now a 3,000 fine to driver for hands on cell phone/text use & 12,000 to the Company

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Vwal528

Vwal528 Light Load Member

Dec 25, 2011
    Albany, NY
    It seems like you pretty much figured out your situation already. But I can't help wondering, why don't didn't you try and resolve this issue with Stevens? They even called you back and tried to get you to come back...just seems weird to give up like that.

4. Nashville Driver

Nashville Driver Medium Load Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    It will seem strange to the companies he applies too as well, but I'm someone will bite.

5. saratoga76

saratoga76 Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2012
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    If you trained through Stevens to get your CDL they will come after you for the money you agreed to pay back in the contract you signed. Your counselor should have been keeping in touch with you weekly so you need to speak up and let them know what happened. I started with Stevens and was pulled off TWO trainers trucks before getting the right one. When I came to the yard they asked me to write down the issues. I never had to see the other trainers again. I do know they didn't last long as trainers after that. The right trainer makes the difference. As for counselors try Max Bronson. He's one of the good ones. Good luck.

6. Slaughter31

Slaughter31 Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Lakewood, CO
    Saratoga76,
    Thanks a lot for your insight with Stevens. As for the counselor it was Max and he was really great with me. Heck, just about everyone was great there. Good luck and thanks again.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.