Legend transportation

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by theloadwillgetthere, Nov 25, 2014.

1. karma123

karma123 Light Load Member

May 19, 2014
    California

LOL.... :biggrin_255:.....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. onelastsilverdollar

onelastsilverdollar Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2015
    Joseph1135: HOS, Vehicle Maint., Unsafe Driving, Crash Indicator, to Driver fitness on the FMCSA site are good tools to look at to view a company, and yes they have good scores at the surface. Now the scores are generated by various different methods. A company will update the MC150 (this tells the FMCSA how many trucks they run). Many companies have found out ways to, well the best way to put it is "Manipulate the system". If a company is really running 150 trucks, and has X amount of violations, a true number will be compiled and generated. Now If that same company updates the MC150, and tells it they are running 550 trucks, well a false number will be generated. The system is tweaked to believe that it has 550 trucks, and based on the 550 trucks they violation percentage is low, then in essences the scores are low. But is that same company were to put in the actual number of trucks they are running, then the number would increase significantly. The moral is always look at how many trucks are indicated in their profile, and then ask yourself is that true.
    I hope this makes sense.

joseph1135 Thanks this.
  4. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
  5. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    I get sick of seeing this, and can't for the life of me understand why people want to blame "paper logs" as an excuse to break the HOS laws.
    Paper or eLog...it is all the same laws. It is YOU (the driver) that runs the logs. It is YOU (the driver) that chooses to break the law regardless of method, if you in fact do so.

I don't need a freaking computer to tell me when my 11/14/70 hours are up. And if a company EXPECTS me to break the law, they can pound sand. And if they fire me because I refuse---I guess I move on, or make trouble for them, or both.

Give me a log book, a manual transmission, and a good old fashioned atlas...and let me do my job!

jeff18, 95821trucker, mjd4277 and 4 others Thank this.
  6. ttyson

ttyson Medium Load Member

Jul 25, 2015
    Why do some people assume others cheat just because they use paper logs?.And l'm like you whitedog,l dont need a Q-com to tell me when l can or cant drive, l will drive however and whenever l feel like driving,,,ie to tired?,l stop.,hungry? I stop..It dont care if l have a running 14 hour or not.I dont care if l have hours available,l will still stop,if l want a break, Just took 10 hours off but only slept 3? Yea l'll stop for four more, Then l'll tell them I'm two hours short from my drop but l burnt up my 14,,how you like me now ?? .11-14-70.those are the hours l'm ALLOWED but NOT required to use...

JRTBud87 and reefer75 Thank this.
  7. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Get along with your dispatcher ?

8. ttyson

ttyson Medium Load Member

Jul 25, 2015
    Yea, of course, He usally does what he's told to do

9. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    The drivers they hire also like to take the 30 min breaks on the fuel Island.
    Saw one eating a sandwich with 2 trucks behind him waiting to fuel. if you ever get behind one of these Indian/Pakistani dudes on a fuel Island, be prepared for a long wait if you are not prepared to confront them because that is the only way they will move the truck.

REO6205 Thanks this.
  10. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    Thankfully I never see them in the Midwest. But if I do...you can bet your bottom dollar I will confront them, and they WILL understand English by the time it's said and done.
    Not trying to hi-jack this thread; but that stuff gets old. I am not afraid to "ask nicely" that one move their truck off the fuel island. And I don't play the "I no understand" game either---everyone understands the hand motions of "move that piece of junk".

jon69 and JRTBud87 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.