Legend transportation

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by theloadwillgetthere, Nov 25, 2014.

1. sixWEEKSofLAUNDRY

sixWEEKSofLAUNDRY Bobtail Member

Jul 3, 2016

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sixWEEKSofLAUNDRY

sixWEEKSofLAUNDRY Bobtail Member

Jul 3, 2016
    My husband is OTR and asked me to look this company up. i was reading to him and stopped to reread about how the owner and his family verbally abuse their drivers. I nearly choked to death on my soda as I started laughing hysterically.
    My husband is on the other end of the phone asking WTF is so #### funny. when i read that to him he was the one laughing. I can see it now, this character getting in my husbands face, then finding himself on his tippy toes with a hand around his throat.

4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. BOB2010

BOB2010 Bobtail Member

Jul 26, 2016
    This company is the worst company I ever worked. Truckers work hard to earn every cent and there is no reason to steal from there paycheck. The dispatchers on other hand never gives you loads on time. Sometimes you get a load, but the company runs out empty trailers so you are hunting to catch empty trailers before your own company drivers. Lack of communication in the office and not punctual at all. I mean there is efficient way to run a company rather than just brute strength. Save your self some headache and work for some other companies.

exACT driver Thanks this.
  6. Driver825

Driver825 Bobtail Member

Sep 21, 2016
    Just like others have said, do NOT work for this place! They promised me a new truck which didn't happen. They promised .40¢ a mile which didn't happen and is only given to the drivers of same ethnic background. They will call you non stop during your 10 hours off at a truck stop. If you have a question for them about a load they treat you like garbage. There is only one dispatcher that is fluent in English and the others you can barely understand. So glad to be away from those people.

7. buckmanmike

buckmanmike Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2010
    in the country, georgia
    I cant believe all these drivers have cell phones that dont have an off button.
    I have my phone set up to when company calls its a different ring tone. I turn volume off when I take a 10 hour break.

roshea Thanks this.
  8. EatYourVeggies

EatYourVeggies Light Load Member

Nov 10, 2016
    I'm thankful I found this thread.

They're hiring in my area so I called the recruiter last week. Just like another poster mentioned, he promised me new truck, 40 cents, apu.

He did have a middle eastern sounding name and accent. And when I tried to contact him for follow up questions, he never got back.

Needless to say, I'm staying the hell away from this clown outfit.

Thanks everyone for your honest input.

9. Royalbeastrider

Royalbeastrider Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Sacramento
    Hi all,

The reviews for the company mentioned above are not legit for sure!

Have been driving for this company for almost 8 months now & everything is going great for me. I've been driver for Maytrucking & Gordon but I take the most home with this company. The other advantage I've is of being home every 2nd day. I pick up a load out of LA, come home take 10 reset and get back on the road next morning. I do around 2800 to 3000 miles every week which isn't bad for being home every second day.
    I also get benefits...lol

If I had read the above reviews, I might have not joined this company.

Happy Driver!!

Dave

10. Pete jockey

Pete jockey Medium Load Member

Feb 28, 2015
    North of Pittsburgh Pa
    All negative reviews, except this one, hmmmm

11. Tagsr

Tagsr Bobtail Member

Feb 3, 2017
    Well I'm heading to their office on Feb 3rd to discuss a position with Legend. I have a friend of a friend that swears this is a great place to work. We'll see if anything has changed...

12. s9y84

s9y84 Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2017
    Came across this thread and after reading all the negative comments i had to write something to clear things up.

First of all, i been with the company since 2015, started at 36cpm and now i'm at 41cpm. I live in Sacramento and i'm home every other day with average of 2500-3000 miles a week and i think it's pretty good.

Also, clearing up some points, the company is still growing and they are buying new trucks, trailers and acquiring more business. 1 comment in other thread said that we have to hunt trailers and i agree with him somewhat but if a receiver don't unload trailers on the weekend and you are dropping there then how a dispatcher will help you in this? With my experience they always try to help. OTR is very frustrating job as we all know it but i think little understanding with dispatcher go a long way.

I'm spending time to write all this because i honestly think it's a good company that is on his way to being great. Maybe this will encourage you to apply that i received a full week paid vacation from the owner because of being safe and performing good.

I wish everyone good luck and encourage fellow drivers to give them a chance, some reviews here are 2+ years old and there's lot have been changed since then.

I'm a very Happy Driver !!!

13. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Well driver. ..
    Atleast they have one happy driver
    (If you are really are a driver)
    You seem to be out numbered with bad driver reports on this outfit but maybe that's a good thing for you, they might start to realize that they will no longer have a job without a solid driving force keeping them in business

• Truckers Report Jobs