Legend transportation

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by theloadwillgetthere, Nov 25, 2014.

1. gpf87

gpf87 Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2017
    Well , I'm working here now . So far, so good .

Feel free to ask any questions .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 51.50

51.50 Heavy Load Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Salem Oregon
    Do they pay waiting time while loading/unloading ?

4. gpf87

gpf87 Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2017
    They're supposed to . Good luck getting it though . Thankfully (in my case at least ) it's about 80% drop and hook and the live unloads have been super quick and even before my appt time . The grocers are the only places I've had to wait ; grocers suck ,it reminds me of my reefer days

I'm doing ok here but I can't really recommend this place to anybody unless you do the 11 western run but they just lost a huge account ( Tjmax/Marshalls/Homegoods) so a lot of the good runs are gone ..

Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
  5. gpf87

gpf87 Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2017
    some of the customers I've dealt with :

PCA
    Amazon
    Faribault foods
    Imperial foods
    Chamberlain
    home depot
    General mills
    Costco
    Niagra water
    Rheem
    Macy's
    Recycling/garbage to Long Beach
    Various grocers

Areas I run include LA/Inland empire,Imperial/El Centro/Heber ,Phoenix,Tucson,Sierra Vista,Green Valley,Tracy,Bakersfield,Las Vegas..

with this corona virus scare, I've been hauling a ton of water , toilet paper , paper towels now .. Niagra water gets loaded to 45,500 lbs !! From Phx to Las Vegas on US 93 (Poor truck)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
    Lonesome Thanks this.
  6. HiramKingWilliams

HiramKingWilliams Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2019
    State of Jefferson
  7. gpf87

gpf87 Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2017
    That's not racism ; that is nepotism .

Go read a dictionary !

That is a big accusation to make about people you don't even know which actually makes you prejudice .

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
    51.50 and Sirscrapntruckalot Thank this.
  8. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Maybe it's family?

TB John Thanks this.
  9. sal

sal Medium Load Member

Aug 18, 2007
    sacramento Ca
    So how did it go for you ? Is the company working out ?

10. gpf87

gpf87 Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2017
    It's working for me .. I don't see longevity with this company but for now it fits .

I'm ironically semi-local too ; the last couple of weeks I've been home every night getting 2-3 days off per week only running about 300 miles per day burning through my 14 hour clock each shift . This is just temporary due to the covid19 bs and I happen to live right next to a high volume shipper .

Please feel free to ask any specific questions .

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
    sal and Lonesome Thank this.
  11. gpf87

gpf87 Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2017
    I am going to have to leave this company . Their main freight base is California and because of this "issue", freight has slowed down exponentially . This company's main freight is (or was) coming from the LA area off the ports and delivering to large retail distribution centers on the West coast . For a while we were supplemented by food/water loads delivering to grocers in the SoCal area but even that has slowed down incredibly . Sometimes we'd even take entire 45k-46k loads of water from Las Vegas to direct stores in SoCal .

They used to have a contract with Tjmaxx,Marshalls and Home goods but they lost it . Those were good runs going from the Tucson AZ distribution center to actual stores in Utah , Colorado , Montana, Idaho , Washington , Oregon and Texas . Though ,even if we still had the contract it wouldn't matter for right now , would it ?

It doesn't seem like a wise move to join this relatively unstable company at this moment . I enjoyed my time here and was treated well and payed on time and accurately but I'm done for now until things pick up again

TB John and Lonesome Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.