Lending my services

Discussion in 'Averitt' started by corysti, Nov 24, 2012.

1. corysti

corysti Medium Load Member

May 13, 2008
    Arkansas
    Hello everyone,

My name is Cory and I work for Averitt Express and I am classified under Administrative Operations at Averitt. I have been with the company well over two years and I actually started out as a dock worker and got my cdl now I have my own office and working in operations. At my time here I've been extremely satisfied about the overall image of the company and how much Averitt really cares about our drivers. Some of the things that makes us different than a lot of the other carriers is that Averitt Express is a privately held company. Were owned by one man and he actually likes talking to his drivers and if you have a really big problem that you need to speak with him on he has an "Open Door" policy. If your in Cookeville you can walk right up to him and ask him a question. We also carry our own insurance so our insurance is fairly reasonable but when we have accidents it comes out of our profit sharing so we try to help everyone out with being safe in the workplace and safe on the road. Basically guys if you have any questions you would like for me to answer about our Terminals,Orientation,Pay,Insurance,Trucks,LTL vs Truckload or how to move up in the company then send me an email or message me on here. I'm pretty knowledgeable with the company and can answer most questions with no problem. If I can't answer it I will call someone and get the answer for you. Please note, I am not in recruiting or have any part of orientation so If your actually going to orientation and you have questions about your application or your medical card it's best for you to contact your recruiter directly. Once again thanks for taking the time to read the post and I can't wait to hear from some future Averitt Drivers!

Email: chatcher@averittexpress.com or message me on here

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Good to see other companies willing to support the drivers.

Mark

4. creslin

creslin Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2012
    NE Alabama
    Hey corysti, been thinking about joinining averitt. can you tell me anything about the gadsden, al terminal? any info would be appreciated. thanks

5. corysti

May 13, 2008
    Arkansas
    What would you like to know on the terminal?

6. creslin

creslin Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2012
    NE Alabama
    how r the miles, the company and facility in general.

7. corysti

May 13, 2008
    Arkansas
    Hey man Im extremely sorry for being late on posting back. While the miles are "okay" it's hard to say about the actual facility. Most Averitt built terminal are in a good condition. Most places take pride in how their terminal looks because corporate expects it to be decent. When I hired on I was more concerned on the quality of the trucks since I was going to be spending more time in a truck than in the facility. :)

8. jsbtrucker

jsbtrucker Light Load Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Georgia
    Hey Cory, hope all is good with you.Took my road test this past wendsday and it went good. I finished the week out with the trainer , did road test in charlotte with Glen the safety guy. Evidently had to do it early because nobody available at fulton. Got my truck assigned today and headed to Miami in the morning with ltl load. Sounds like youve been busy, Mr. multi tasker!!! Be Safe

corysti Thanks this.
  9. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    Hi
    Tell me about London and Lexington Ky terminals... Are they small, have dispatch/dvr mgr on site or are they more of a corner building in a large account Averritt has. i'm moving to Berea Ky soon and thinking of maybe learning flatbed to do something new instead of draggin wagon, but what ever is strong in the area is what i want to do Thx Cuz

10. wildbill1

wildbill1 Bobtail Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Lexington, Ky.
    Cuzzin it!!
    Hello,
    I can only tell you about the Lexington terminal. I don't remember the London terminal. I worked for Averitt several years ago and I'm going through the process of getting back on with them now. I didn't leave because of any probs I had with them or their rules, miles, etc. I thought I had a local opportunity but it didn't pan out. Then I got another local job and worked it for 6 years until the company was bought out and we were all laid off. Anyway... back on topic!
    The Lexington terminal is a pretty large facility with a bunch of dock doors for their LTL division, a shop for repairs and showers ( I think I remember showers- LOL!). I also believe they had fueling on-site. There is plenty of room to park your truck and trailer/load inside a fenced yard and a parking lot for your car if you want to leave it there while you're out during the week. Towne Air Freight leases a small office from Averitt and uses a small part of the facility, also. It's located on Jaggie Fox Way off of Georgetown Rd. It's very close to where Georgetown Rd. and Citation Blvd. intersect, so it's far enough from Georgetown Street that you don't have to worry too much about "crime".
    Hope this helps!!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
    cuzzin it Thanks this.
  11. jsbtrucker

jsbtrucker Light Load Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Georgia
    Hey man , was the snow bad? Hope all is well, broke down Thursday morning and finally got to another truck Friday early. What a day and night,by the way I'm in a 07 freight shaker with 720000 on it. I'm sure it was getting ready to be sold. All they had at Knoxville!! Has your brother started yet?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.