Let's go Koleaseco

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Goldenchild, Aug 30, 2022.

1. Goldenchild

Goldenchild Bobtail Member

Aug 28, 2022
    Since I couldn't find much on them thought I would start a thread for others looking into them. From the moment I contacted them I felt like the recruiter/safety lady was honest straight forward and represented what koleaseco is all about. I had a few set backs that delayed when I could start orientation but she was absolutely patient and understanding of my situation. Once in orientation which started at 10am for me since my flight had got in late about 11pm, first thing I did was go straight to do my drug test. That took less then 10 mins. The drive over took longer then that. And that was the quickest drug test I had ever done. Once back at the yard I went straight into knocking out as much of the paperwork and videos I needed to do. Normally it take drivers all day and part of next day to complete everything. I had it all done on day one.

Next day was me really just waiting for my drug test to come back. I already had my truck assignment and a load, but couldn't leave out until the result come back. Also should mention i wanted to go home to get the rest of my stuff before really hitting the ground running. However the operation manager asked if i could do a cali run to help them out. He offered $500 up front from my sign on bonus. Which they are currently offering a 5k sign on for solos. You can guess my answer to that lol.After waiting sometime I was informed the results have been delayed in transit from the facility. So I just inspected my truck and went back to the hotel. By morning I had a text my results are in and that I'm good to go. I packed up and headed on out. My first run out was dryvan hauling furniture. Holland, MI-Phoenix, AZ- Riverside, CA- San Diego, CA. That first stop in Phoenix was a little difficult to get into because you had to blindside in. And the place is not meant for 53' tractor trailers. Another sign that trucks have problems getting into that dock is that at least 10 workers were just standing in the dock watching to see if I was going to screw up. Once they realized I wasn't they scattered pretty quickly. The stop in riverside had me in a not so nice neighborhood. My appointment was that was 0600. I was there around 0515. The workers didn't show up until exactly 0600. That dock was pretty easy. Just had to dance around a light pole.

My second run had me switch from a dryvan to a reefer. Picked up in Vernon,CA with a stop in pleasant prairie, WI and lansing, MI. Pretty easy run with plenty of time on it. Live unload then drop in lansing. Dispatch had me pick a trailer with some rejected product and drop that off back at the yard. Once done with that to high tail it over to my next preloaded trailer. This run is Holland,MI to New Albany, Ms and final out in Jackson, MS. This load is getting closer to home to get the rest of my gear to be comfortable on the road.

Now here are some things that I like so far about them.
    1) Daily payroll processing. Scan your bols in by 8am M-F and you will be paid for your trip in two days. No waiting a whole week to be paid. So money can be constantly rolling in.
    2) Equipment- Mostly peterbilt 579 with some 389 and 567. They do have some kenworth w900 aswell. They really take care of their equipment. Trucks are set at 75 and comes with a apu, inverter, and fridge.
    3) They also offer a mileage bonus of .05, .07, and .09 cpm. And it's really easy to hit the mileage target here. Especially with the out and back set up they have. I believe im guaranteed the .09 cpm bonus for the first two or three months of employment.
    As time goes on will continue to update my journey here. But I'm impressed thus far with how they run things here.

Judge, Speed_Drums, Rugerfan and 8 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    I've seen their trucks around West Michigan a lot. Good looking equipment.

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  4. Goldenchild

Aug 28, 2022
    Based out of Hudsonville which is right outside of Grand Rapids.

Currently playing Russian roulette with my hours on this run. My first drop delivers today by 1800 at Walmart in New Albany, MS. If I average at speeds of 65mph it will take me 10hrs to get down there. The problem is I have 10hrs 58 mins on my 70. So the unexpected running down there can really screw me up. Fingers crossed for traveling grace and no delays.

5. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    That sounds like a cool company to work for man! Congrats on finding a home! Now you'll have to educate all of us on the pronunciation. I've butchered "Koleaseco" every single time I've seen their trucks lol

Lonesome Thanks this.
  6. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Do you know what cpm they would start a driver with about 10 to 13 years experience? I know someone who works for Knight Refrigerated with that amount of experience but he never looks at companies who fly under the radar like this one does. He is looking now and this may be a good fit.

Speed_Drums and Lonesome Thank this.
  7. dngrous_dime

dngrous_dime Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    Co-lease-co. I knew a guy that worked there for a while, but that's as much as I know about them, aside from where their terminal is.

8. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Ahhh ok. I was thinking along those lines and the other thought had too many syllables

9. Goldenchild

Aug 28, 2022
    I'm not entirely sure. They started me out at .51cpm with 6yrs experience. A bit low in today's time however if they run me the miles they advertise that's not a issue for me. Factor in the bonus that puts me at .56, .58 or .60cpm.

I'm currently taking my 30 in Mt Vernon, IL. If things keep going smoothly with no delays my eta is about 1730. Just hope that the line getting into walmart won't be long. But that seems like wishful thinking.

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  10. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    New Albany usually doesn’t have a long line of trucks in line..at least from my recent experience going in there..

Lonesome and Goldenchild Thank this.
  11. Goldenchild

Aug 28, 2022
    I arrived around 1715 to about 7 trucks ahead of me. But the line was moving pretty quick. Get checked in and now I'm in a door. Already have my next load assignment to get me home. That deliver Saturday night. And I will take off until Tuesday morning.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.