Lets See Your First Truck!

Discussion in 'Truckers' Photo Shack | Art Gallery' started by lefty91101, May 31, 2009.

1. Mainframe

Mainframe Light Load Member

Jan 3, 2010
    beloit, wi
    I've seen overboard, but there was also this thing in the back of my mind that would ask if I was taking it too far. After the amount of feedback over the cb and the volumes of people that I catch taking pictures, the answer is, not yet. Actually the guns were an afterthought. When the LED side turn signals were installed, a lot of four wheelers would hang by my side when I wanted to change lanes. I could have simply put the same lights on the running board "just like everyone else", and copied every other longnose out there.
    I'm different, I do things with flair, and I get noticed. For all intents and purposes, they are just fancy turn signals, but a photo wouldn't show that, sorry.
    The best live feedback I get, by far, is from the police and the DOT in the scales. I have actually been given the red light and the paperwork sign on several occasions so the officer can take photos (put the paperwork back in the truck, sir).
    Last summer, the kids in the back seats of the cars going by would all have their faces pressed to the glass, and all waving. That's the demographic that I really made it for. I just failed to realize that some would be so old....
    Having had, and currently building another Knight 2000 (KITT) at home, and enjoying the novelty of that, to be in a unique vehicle is a familiar feeling. I get an equal kick out of driving my friend's 1968 Mustang GT convertible, beautifully restored, I might add.
    I like to be noticed, to put a smile on people's faces, and have a good word for everyone. On the flip side of the same coin, you can be #### sure that I'm a safe, careful driver. I got an image to uphold.
    Overboard? Nah. I seen overboard. I've helped build overboard. Tribute trucks are never overboard.

How about a new thread, called How's your truck decorated?:biggrin_25525:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. whitey

whitey Bobtail Member

Aug 19, 2008
    blue ball pa

COULDNT FIND A BS FLAG FOR THIS POST SO........UR FULL OF S&%$#:biggrin_25523::biggrin_25513::biggrin_25513:

379exhd Thanks this.
  4. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    Trashtrucker you're killin me! LMAO and no offense to anyone--but I wish I did have a pic of this--I occasionally load out of MCST in Medley(old friend is ops mgr there) anyway--almost all the inbound is on ocean containers--There is a great old cuban man there--with a 76or77 K100-with about 50k worth of chicken chrome on it--He loves giving me and others a hard time about our new fancy trucks--but every time I'm there he has added something else!LOL

5. Mainframe

Mainframe Light Load Member

Jan 3, 2010
    beloit, wi
    I was being nice. i've seen overboard trucks, too. I don't have painted frames, zillions of little lights, and enough chrome to blind someone. honestly, I can't see how i'm overboard. All those "guns" are is oversize turn signals. Why should I be like everyone else and be uninspired, same old same old? I like being original.

But then, us original folks have to do battle with everyone that is mediocre, and there are a lot of those around. no wonder the world is so stifling...

6. fishhook

fishhook Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2008
    OH
    Your just jealous yours isnt red with freshly acid'd wheels , well that & you really want a "685 QSX" :smt081 But this may work in place of the BS Flag :smt021:smt075:smt021:smt075

dwayne Thanks this.
  7. Sportster2000

Sportster2000 Road Train Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Indiana
    Sorry as I have no proof of my statement as I can not take a video while driving. Those wheels never had acid on them. That truck was 8 years old when I took that picture. Do you even know what a QSX is?

8. kwforage

kwforage Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Mainframe - I'm not a Transformers fan, but the "lot lizzards will be vaporized" is classic.:biggrin_2559:

9. fishhook

fishhook Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2008
    OH
    Let me get this straight....
    Takes a week to go 150 miles ?

As far as QSX, I dont see a 379 as an agricultural implement & I doubt Pete does either.

Acid/brightner what ever you choose to call it :smt075

dwayne and mslashbar Thank this.
  10. Sportster2000

Sportster2000 Road Train Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Indiana
    The truck was a show truck. I did some local stuff with with it and never drove more that a 20 mile distance outside of where we parked it. How else would a 8 year old truck accumluate just 26,000 miles? The engine that was in it was replaced with a QSX, it originally had an ISX in it. I agree, it is not an agricultural implement. Yes I know your skepticism, but it is the truth. I wish I had more pictures of it but I do not.

11. KW10001

KW10001 Light Load Member

Sep 29, 2010
    I like it Mainframe! :)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.