Letter from the NC DOT...

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by American-Trucker, Nov 21, 2011.

1. losttrucker

losttrucker Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2008
    greenville,nc
    I went to the NC DMV with a brand new physical and lo and be-hold they said it was on hold until 2014 WTF??? Has anyone else in NC went into the DMV office and told this?

moosc Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. moosc

moosc Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Lincolnton NC
    No but I got same letter ordering me to report to DMV by end of Jan with dot card. Called safety they said its on hold so I'm not going.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

losttrucker Thanks this.
  4. Jarhed1964

Jarhed1964 Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    I wish I could click "Thanks" twice on this, but I can't, so here ya go....

[​IMG]

123456 Thanks this.
  5. hesgoneagain

hesgoneagain Medium Load Member

Nov 16, 2011
    Denton, North Carolina
    Yep losttrucker my hubby went to NCDMV while he was home and the guy working the counter laughed and said they don't even have it in their system yet and handed him a 4 page letter that pretty much said don't worry about it until early 2014.

losttrucker Thanks this.
  6. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Colorado wanted to see my short form before they would renew my CDL this year...

7. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    Yep, the card is refered to as the certificate in the regulations and is the only thing required to be carried by the driver, unless the driver has waivers and exemptions, he needs to carry that paperwork per 391.41. The long form is called the medical examination form.

It even says on the certificate that the doctor has the long form on file which is required by the doctor. The card even has the doctors phone number on it if need be. They can fax it in a minute if there is any need like an accident investigation.

8. albhb3

albhb3 Medium Load Member

Nov 3, 2009
    I went and turned my stuff in, that was a mistake the lady is a huge C to say the least. Excuse me for trying to get #### done. Shut you mouth I pay your overinflated wage

9. misterG

misterG Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2009
    ask my dispatcher
    I can't even add an endorsement to my license without having a health card. Every time I enter the DMV, it seems, they are asking for it.

10. moosc

moosc Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Lincolnton NC
    That's normal. New rule is medical card is tied to cdl so u don't need to carry the medical card

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

11. gummy bear

gummy bear Light Load Member

Nov 8, 2008
    kentucky
    I got a letter to fax my medical card to the state licensing office prior to renewal of my CDL. After they receive it, it takes 48hrs for processing and 5-7 business days to receive a conformation letter from them saying my card is in the system.

I cannot renew w/o providing the local branch the conformation (approval) letter. From what I've gathered, they'll no longer be asking to bring in the medical card upon renewal.

Your neighbors to the north (KY) are in the ....WERE in the same boat.

I'm thinking w/the new ruling, every two years I will need to fax a copy of my new med card for the state to have on file, though.

That's what I'm digging about the rule. In the end it makes things a lot easier on my end.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.