Level 1. OOS

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by GhostWolf, Feb 4, 2020.

1. GhostWolf

GhostWolf Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2020
    Hello everybody. Im an o/o have a small company. Today i received a OOS for log book. 3 weeks ago was driving team. I got sick half way through the trip put my log to sleep and signed off. The other driver drove the rest of the way. Was home for about a week. This morning signed back into my eld. Sat in the same truck and made a delivery. On my way to a pick up got stopped for inspection. Officer did a level 1 inspection. Couldnt find anything except that my eld showed me signing off in a different city 3 weeks ago, and signed back in today at my home town. Put me OOS for 10 hours and wrote that i falsified logs. Since I was with a another driver at that time, I was able to access his logs. Tried showing it to officer, bit his mind was made up. Can anyone suggest anything. Thank you in advance.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    You’ll have to go to court and prove that you were driving team. Preferably you’ll want the driver to be in court with you. You’ll need to bring all documents proving that the driver works for you.

PE_T, Coffey, GhostWolf and 2 others Thank this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Winnah.

Get the other driver involved subponea etc and the company records on hard copy paper that the court can understand.

Once proved you two were teamed when sign off violation claimed by DOT man the court will toss it.

You might have pointed to a small stencil on side of sleeper "Team operation, check sleeper" which is common for those.

5. Hulld

Hulld Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Upstate NY
    How did the inspector see the sign off from 3 weeks prior?
    Did the eld give you some sort of flagged violation?
    Were there unassigned miles?
    Road side inspection data should only show the current day and previous seven days?

6. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    Officer should have only been able to see the previous 7 days... Anything further back requires an audit, and that can only go back 6 months.

7. GhostWolf

GhostWolf Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2020
    It shows on the logs as the last location before signing off.

8. Doealex

Doealex Medium Load Member

Feb 21, 2018
    Which state did you get inspected at?

9. Hulld

Hulld Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Upstate NY
    Not sure where you signed off but if it wasn’t legit with another driver I would think there should be a ton of unassigned miles?
    If the mileage on the Eld is correct and matches the ECM of the truck and there is no unassigned mileage then someone else was driving and were assigned those miles.
    The Eld should prove everything.
    Only other way for the mileage to match is if the truck was towed home.
    Now if the mileage of truck and eld don’t match someone unplugged something?

10. GhostWolf

GhostWolf Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2020
    its legit. I signed off in California about 3 weeks ago, the other drivers logs shows going on duty at the same time, and driving the rest of the way Its just that the dot didnt want to see it, since it wasnt registered on my app.

11. GhostWolf

GhostWolf Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2020
    I76 Ohio.

Doealex Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.