Level 3 inspections...

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by dmg1029, Jul 23, 2010.

1. dmg1029

dmg1029 Light Load Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Coeur d Alene, ID
    Today traveling east on 90 going in to Minnesota was stopped at scale to check paperwork (level 3). There were 3 other drivers in the scale house. While getting cleared on paperwork, all three other drivers could barely speak English. One was being asked for the shippers name and he answered 'tomato'. One other was being questioned as to how he was able to drive from Seattle to Spokane in 1.5 hours (275 miles) according to his log. The third had two DOT numbers on his tractor neither of which was active on the system. I am not putting anyone down or picking sides, but how is this possible today? geeze.

OK, off my soap box now.

tech10171968 and HFC Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. old-six-pack

old-six-pack Heavy Load Member

Oct 24, 2007
    vernon hill, va
    what ded hee saaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

4. Wargames

Wargames Captain Crusty

Jul 22, 2010
    WI.
    dmg1029, and Ill bet your the one they messed with. Sad story, but, the scalemaster, probably let them go. If that were you, lots of tickets.

5. tmlonghorns

tmlonghorns Light Load Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Gregory, MI
    And some people believe profiling is bad

6. stranger

stranger Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2006
    NC
    It has been my experience has been been that if you have a whole lot of things wrong, you will get hit with a couple of small tickets and a chewing out, where if you have one small thing wrong, they keep looking until they find, or make up something.

I have gotten two small tickets and told to be out of the state before dark. The only thing I had legal was my license and liability insurance. The tag was even an intrastate commerical tag legal only in NC.

Too much wrong means a lot of paperwork, time, and court dates. Most DOT don't want that, and figure you will get caught in the next state, where they can deal with the problem.

7. dieselbear

dieselbear Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Seems like every day I go to work. :biggrin_2559: I know most of you on here can not believe some of the folks I run into on a daily basis and how screwed up they are. More and more, non english speaking driver's are on the road. Had two trucks yesterday that had the wrong, inactive, US DOT numbers on them. Had a fellow today that made a 217 mile trip in 45 minutes using his "fuzzy" math and log book skills. He was so tired he could not keep his eyes open. After I made the initial contact with him on the side of the interstate, I walked back to the car and put his paperwork in the front seat, walked back up and he was out like a light. I didn't even need a checklist to know he was fatigued. :biggrin_2556:

GuysLady and rjones56 Thank this.
  8. GuysLady

GuysLady Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jun 20, 2007
    The eye of the storm....
    DB, I sometimes wish I couls sit at a diner with you, drinking coffee and swapping stories...

I used to help out in the safety dept of one of my hubby's former employers, and let me tell you, it was INSANE!

One of the biggest issues we had was not being able to base not hiring someone on the fact that spoke little English.. It is #### near impossible to communicate. I had the advantage over you in that I eventually learned to communicate with them, because I got to know them, but you don't have that working for you in the brief amount of time you see them..

9. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    It is not discriminating to require a employee to speak fluent English. As long as it is enforced equally without bias.

10. Broken Spoke

Broken Spoke Medium Load Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Tucson Arizona
    ¡Deseo que condujera para rápido! ¡Deseo ver la zanja!

11. Wargames

Wargames Captain Crusty

Jul 22, 2010
    WI.
    Broken Spoke, I guess you should read the rules, because, this is my 3 favorite trucking site, and sometimes you have to reword things, and verbal attacks will get you in trouble, foul language, not allowed. I hope you talked with them, and I would like to hear some of your thoughts, like that word better than (Opinion)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.