Lieing on logs

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by scottd25, Aug 16, 2009.

1. 074344

074344 Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2007
    Los Angeles, ca
    So you have been a driver for twenty years and do not consider yourself a professional? Are you saying that you are an unskilled worker? I don't care what the DoL says, I want to know what you consider yourself? Just another OTR driver working for another junk OTR company?

Drive safe

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Raezzor

Raezzor Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Aug 1, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    Not to mention I don't know anyone who drives for 11 hours straight. Even if you do, you still only need 10 hours off and you can drive again. Not 13. So not sure what he was on about. :biggrin_25517:

4. 074344

074344 Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2007
    Los Angeles, ca
    Why should it not count if you work for a Union company? I guess what you are trying to say is that Union represented trucking companies pay their drivers well enough so they don't have to cheat to make money? If that is what you are saying, I am in full agreement.

Drive safe

5. 074344

074344 Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2007
    Los Angeles, ca
    Congratulations on working for a good non-Union company. They are out there as you have found out. I think the comment was directed at Conway Truckload. Which seems to be like the rest of the "always advertising" OTR carriers.

Drive safe

6. Winchester Magnum

Winchester Magnum Road Train Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Alaska highway
    OF COURSE I DONT CHEAT. NEVER HAVE. JUST THE OTHER DAY, I RAN OUT OF HOURS 12 MILES FROM THE HOUSE AND BY GOD, YES I SHUT 'ER DOWN FOR 10 HOURS, AND THEN THE NEXT DAY DROVE THE REMAINING 15 MINUTES TO GET HOME. LOG IT LEGAL TO THE MINUTE AT ALL TIMES IS MY MOTTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LAST WEEK, I HAD A SUPER HOT LOAD THAT ABSOLUTELY HAD TO BE THERE ON TIME, OR RISK NOT GETTING PAID BY THE BROKER. I COULD/SHOULD HAVE EASILY MADE IT, BUT I GOT CAUGHT UP IN A MINOR TRAFFIC SNAFU AND LOST 15 MINUTES. THEREFORE I HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO SHUT DOWN 9 MILES AWAY FROM THE CONSIGNEE, SO AS TO REMAIN TOTALY LEGAL, IN FULL COMPLIENCE WITH ALL STATE AND GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS, AND ALSO SO I WOULD NOT KILL AND MURDER THE GENERAL COMMUTING PEOPLE WHO RISK THEIR LIVES DAILY SHARING THE SAME ROADS OUTLAW TRUCKERS USE.

Sorry to shout, just wanted the attention Ho to hear me speak.

LMFAO.....(again)

Wiseguywireless and SpeedyWho Thank this.
  7. Chuk510

Chuk510 Bobtail Member

Jul 25, 2009
    Kamloops B.C.
    Amen. Couldnt have said it better myself

8. old-school

old-school Light Load Member

Jun 18, 2007
    south western ohio
    I drive sometimes twenty hours straight. That is the way i have always done it. I told my wife when they put all that crap on trucks she better have a good job to support me. Because then i will park it. I think they should leave us alone it should be up to the driver, He or she knows what they can or can not do. I do not sleep three to five hours a day so why sit around when you can be doing something.

9. Raezzor

Raezzor Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Aug 1, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    20 hours straight? No bathroom, no food?

Yer a better man then me then.

10. jakebrake12

jakebrake12 Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2008
    I95

This is Con-way Freight. The LTL division that pulls doubles/triples with day cab tractors. $80,000 to $90,000 is the norm for road drivers running 1600 or more miles per week in the Northern Region. Turnover is high at the bottom but is very low for drivers with about 2 or more years in.

11. 074344

074344 Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2007
    Los Angeles, ca
    Drive safe

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.