Life After Roehl

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by paoldschool, Jun 9, 2012.

1. DrtyDiesel

DrtyDiesel Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    My fm called me every other day offering me things to stay after I gave my two weeks notice. They don't have local work in Jacksonville, and I'm too far from ellenwood, so I told him unless I get a dedicated run, home EVERY weekend, and paid 40cpm to start, I won't accept. I knew they wouldn't do any of that, so I still left of course. Much happier at Lonestar though

Cheryl Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moriarti

Moriarti Medium Load Member

Jan 15, 2007
    NW Indiana
    Meltom may have more insight into it, but I think you don't get exit interviewed if your FM understands why you're leaving. Leaving Roehl to go to a local job is easily understood, leaving Roehl to go OTR with Swift, may get a call.

4. Bayle

Bayle Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2007
    Cottage Grove, MN
    Makes a lot of sense.

5. DrFlush

DrFlush Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Upstate NY
    They didn't even ask where I was going or doing, just told them I was tired of sitting and I was told they couldn't argue the point.

6. KingTrucker

KingTrucker Light Load Member

Mar 19, 2013
    I have actually been looking into Roehl lately. I have sen a few of you say they do alot of sitting. Is that the truth? Are you really always sitting? Lots of live loads and live off loads? Or does it depnd on which division and account you go with?

7. classic_150

classic_150 Medium Load Member

Apr 5, 2009
    South Dakota
    If they would have kept me moving, I would never have left. When you stay out for 3 to 4 weeks you should have made enough money to enjoy the hometime that you earned. Unload in the morning then sit all day for pre-plan. It was a decent company to start with.

8. DrtyDiesel

DrtyDiesel Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    Like classic said, decent company to start with. After you get experience then move on to better paying companies. The one I'm at now I hardly ever sit at a customer since I'm in flatbed. I also have never waited more than 3 hours for a load, I'm usually pre-planned almost all the time

9. Bayle

Bayle Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2007
    Cottage Grove, MN
    I think again, depends on dispatcher. I very rarely sit more than a couple hours.

Meltom and DrtyDiesel Thank this.
  10. DirkSteel

DirkSteel Light Load Member

Jul 5, 2013
    50 states/Many countries
    I loved my dispatcher and I never sat all that much. The last two years have been one corporate anti driver decision after another. Couple that with a safety department that acts more like Gestapo/Nazi's! If you are a driver, pray you don't fall into their hands. They are not there for you. They are there to cover the company and justify their own existence. To make it worse they took the edit button away from the drivers and now any corrections have to be done by the Safety Nazi's. Roehl claims they are family but family would have your back when justified and needed. My dispatcher ALWAYS had my back. The Safety Nazi's have a knife for your back.

Couple the culture of fear that management uses to rule all their offices/staffs with the anti driver decisions and I felt forced out.

OBTW, be careful what message you type and what you say when you call in. To heighten the fear level Roehl employs office staff whose only function is to read messages & listen phone calls. This is used to beat down office staff and keep them in line. Some of the most unhappy people you'll ever meet work in a Roehl office.

11. Scott72

Scott72 Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013

For the most part I keep moving. I sat one day for most of the day, but I was so tired from running hard I didn't mind. Can't speak for everybody, but I've been happy with my miles to this point. I've averaged right around 3K a week.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.