Life After Roehl

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by paoldschool, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    That is truly craptastic management.

technoroom Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jeepnut_nh

jeepnut_nh Medium Load Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Milford, NH
    you went 1200 miles in 8 days? ouch, and cant lay blame soley on the company, if I don't fuel every other day I worry

KF7WTV Thanks this.
  4. Bayle

Bayle Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2007
    Cottage Grove, MN
    Fuel gauge in my current truck doesn't work correctly, I've done a few macro 18's last couple of weeks.

5. DsquareD

DsquareD Road Train Member

May 21, 2009
    Green Bay, WI
    I frequently forget to send macro 32 and maybe that's why I rarely go below 1/2 tank. I don't know. One thing I'm sure of though is I will never let my tanks go below 1/4 ever again and I'm not going to beg either. I'm just going to stop and get 50 gallons... or more if I'm cleaning the windshield while the pump is running.

KF7WTV Thanks this.
  6. ATX

ATX Light Load Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Savannah, TX (DFW Metro)
    only been with Roehl 9 mos., but have not experienced shortage of fuel issues, if anything, it's the other way, too many fuel stops scheduled; I often get re-fueling stops while still having 1/2 tank and, if I am short on time to next stop, I will skip the fuel stop and wait for the one on next dispatch. one time, I ran low due to this (low fuel light came on), but when I re-fueled, amount used indicated that I still had 40 gal. in the tank when the low light was on. half the time when using macro 16, it says, "sorry, can't send fuel, routing info at this time," so, now, I use macro 18 and it has always sent me fueling info requested.

7. Bayle

Bayle Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2007
    Cottage Grove, MN
    Just a side note on that. 40 gallons means only 20 in each tank. The fuel pickup will only get so much, plus in winter more chance to gel in cold weather. Roehl seems to schedule more stops in winter.

8. kardolmer

kardolmer Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2012
    Monticello MN
    Last week i fueled in appleton in the morning complete fill up, than later that afternoon they had me complete fill in marshfield. Only went up to Lanse than back down to Marshfield.

9. DsquareD

DsquareD Road Train Member

May 21, 2009
    Green Bay, WI
    That's a good thing to always be over half tank. I'm not sure why they were so tight with fuel a few years ago, but it seems like whatever program they are using is working a lot better now.

10. Jake_Blue

Jake_Blue Light Load Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Lebanon, Indiana
    Plus I'd think you'd want to stock up on fuel in the winter just to be prepared in the event that you get snowed in somewhere for a few days.

11. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    That very rarely happens and when it does the national guard is usually dispatched and will fuel trucks if needed. I had a guy snowed in at Denver for a few days and we offered to put him up in a hotel, if you'r going to be stuck and were lucky enough to get a parking spot you might as well keep it and stay warm somewhere.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.