Life from the beginning

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by chrisf6693, Nov 26, 2013.

1. chrisf6693

chrisf6693 Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2013
    Elizabethtown, KY
    So now after talking with my wife we are wanting to move back to family in east texas so i guess i have to wait and find a job cause i might find something local since im surrounded by oil fields down there. I wish i got some more just general tips on here i want to know as much as possible if i forget at least i have a forum to go back to.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. chrisf6693

Nov 21, 2013
    Elizabethtown, KY
    Ok so i think i have written on here everyday. I just dont know what to do. I mean i wanted to go to tmc or pgt because of the percentage pay but im reading about all of these other companies like maverick, ptl, and pam. What do i do? I keep looking and keep getting more and more confused of what i should do. Any comments or suggestions.

4. wilfredbacon15

wilfredbacon15 Light Load Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Manila, Philippines
    Hi good luck to your career, I know you can do it. :)

5. ladr

ladr Road Train Member

Apr 14, 2013
    GA
    Maverick would be a good choice. Solid company

6. Trakehner

Trakehner Bobtail Member

Oct 17, 2013
    Lexington, Ky
    Hi, and welcome, pretty neat you live real close to where I am at. I too am considering Lake Cumberland CDL, only I'd want the Somerset Campus. If you don't mind, may I ask what you think of the school there, or if anyone else would like to chime in, it'd be great. I've heard awesome things about Maverick, the only reason the guy left was to drive local since he has a young family. He took home $1000/wk flatbed. He loved it he said. He wished he could keep with that company.

7. chrisf6693

Nov 21, 2013
    Elizabethtown, KY
    The school is awesome. I go to columbia because the elizabethtown cdl school doesnt except va benefits yet. But my instructor bryan is very knowledgeable and i have learned a whole hell of alot in the past three weeks. And yeah i keep thinking about maverick but what sets them apart from the rest and sets them apart pay wise from tmc and pgt with there percentage pay

8. chrisf6693

Nov 21, 2013
    Elizabethtown, KY
    So it is the day after thanksgiving and after even more research i have found two more companies that i am interested in mainly because i am a veteran. Roehl and Crete they both seem like good companies and by what i have read seems to pay well and there orientation isnt as long(since having three kids orientation pay is impossible to live on). So now guys and gals i have now five choices to choose from and it seems like i cant make up my mind but only add more people.
    TMC
    MAVERICK
    PGT
    ROEHL
    CRETE

I would really like any kind of information on any of these companies so that i may choose the best job for my family. ROEHL and CRETE have a apprenticeship veteran program that uses my gi bill with my pay so i get an extra $1000 which will help out alot since i am way behind on almost every bill i have.

9. Trakehner

Trakehner Bobtail Member

Oct 17, 2013
    Lexington, Ky
    SOunds good, thank you! Did you say Maverick has a percentage pay? Never heard of this.

10. Willjeff479

Willjeff479 Bobtail Member

Aug 29, 2013
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.