Life from the beginning

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by chrisf6693, Nov 26, 2013.

1. chrisf6693

chrisf6693 Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2013
    Elizabethtown, KY
    No i dont think they do but overall sounds like a really strong company i am thinking i am going to go to them overall. Was leaning towards tmc but i dont wont to have to watch my every move so i dont get canned especially the grass thing i think that is the stupidest thing ever.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trakehner

Trakehner Bobtail Member

Oct 17, 2013
    Lexington, Ky
    What, is TMC like extra strict or something? When you say grass, you mean the drug kind? I would not like a company where i had to watch every move. Why would they treat someone like that.? Anyhow, thanks for the info! ~Karen

4. Lionsmith98

Lionsmith98 Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2013
    shreveport, la
    TMC Transport are very strict about the Grass . Mr. Annett spent millions to have it the way it is and he takes it very seriously

5. chrisf6693

chrisf6693 Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2013
    Elizabethtown, KY
    Well i graduate at the end of the week and i will have my cdl. I have decided that after all of this i am going to melton. I thought i wanted maverick but it seems like melton would better. I spent the better part of today talking to a guy from melton and he was really up front with alot of stuff. And i know first off he is a recruiter so supposedly they will say anything to get you in(which is a little naive i think) but alot of the stuff he said made since and alot of little things were different than maverick. The only drawback is the orientation pay is lower but they offer ojt for 9/11 gi bill so i will get a extra 1100 a month for a year. Maverick does not offer it so that was a very big thing. I will post more later but as of right now i leave for orientation on the 30th on december and i am going to birmingham, al

Chinatown Thanks this.
  6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Melton seems like a good choice, especially since you plan to move to East Texas. That company has good healthcare benefits for the family also. No personal income taxes in Texas either.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.