Lightweights

Discussion in 'Prime' started by nkdc78, Sep 19, 2012.

1. PChase

PChase Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Show Me State
    Ok yeah I was also wondering about that too. I mean I have the tools to do it with and a nice shop building to store the seat in ( if I can do that at home) . I was also thinking about ( while I'm at home fabricating some kind of bracket. To bolt ( probably through the holes the seat bolts to) and strap the fridge to to keep it secure.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jamey4710

Jamey4710 Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2013
    One question about the bed in a lw. What size matress is it in regard to one at your house? I know it wont be like a queen or king but is it closer to a full size or more like a single? My wife would like to go out with me at times and we could make sue with a full size but not much smaller.

4. cl8936

cl8936 Light Load Member

Apr 17, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Trucks have twin mattresses. I've seen a couple people with passengers in a lightweight, but its not real common. I think you can get a condo sleeper, which has 2 beds, if you have someone riding along regularly.

Jamey4710 Thanks this.
  5. quick28573

quick28573 Light Load Member

Jan 26, 2013
    North Carolina
    Seeing more and more pro stars around the yard when I was there to test hope that's what's I'm assigned when I upgrade they look to have more room than the freightliner looking from the outside but was talking to a guy who had a '14 prostar told me it was governed 58 on the pedal and 58 on the cruise

6. lakerized805

lakerized805 Light Load Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Simi Valley, CA
    Do Prime Teams run in a LW?

7. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    No, condos only.

lakerized805 Thanks this.
  8. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

This is an old thread, but in case someone reads it wanting an answer, here it is:

Truck mattress sizes are not standardized like home mattresses are. Each manufacturer and each model will differ. To get a better bed than the one that comes with the truck, you should measure the mattress bed itself - the metal part, not the mattress that is in the truck - and order a specially-made mattress from a company that specializes in truck mattresses. There are several; use your favorite search engine and you'll find one.

I did and never regretted the decision or cost. The only bad thing is you have to repeat the process - and expense - if you change trucks.

9. AbdRahim

AbdRahim Bobtail Member

Feb 3, 2015
    Most informative thread. Thanks to all. God to see the hams.

10. Bbrough94

Bbrough94 Bobtail Member

Sep 26, 2018
    If you lease a truck with prime inc would choosing a lightweight truck lower the weekly payment?? I figured anyone coming in to this industry is trying to maximize profits so would that make a difference

11. BlueThunderr

BlueThunderr Medium Load Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Do company drivers out of cdl school get stuck with lightweight ? Or are they able to choose a regular sized cab ? thanks BT

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.