Liking Swift So Far

Discussion in 'Swift' started by RoadDriver -Andre, Sep 15, 2012.

1. RoadDriver -Andre

RoadDriver -Andre Light Load Member

Aug 27, 2012
    State Of Georgia
    Hey drivers. Im interested in Swift but have a few questions to ask. Im looking to a good company and a company I wont have a hard time at. I have no experience and no CDL and was planning to get my CDL with a good trucking company. Swift has a school in Millington, TN and I want to go to that school. Swift was not my first choice but the way things look I think I will look at a another company for the moment. If any drivers or student that went to the school in Millington please give me advice and experience on how that school works because I dont want to make a bad choice. Swift is a big company, they have many opportunities there and have many drivers way more than other companies. Their starting pay is low, really low .25cpm. I wanted to know starting of at a low pay like that, what are the miles a solo driver average at Swift? I saw that their trucks are governed at 65 is this true? What trucks do they currently have in their fleet and what are the transmission in those trucks? Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Balakov100

Balakov100 Road Train Member

May 10, 2012
    Temple, TX
    Governed at 62 for Company Trucks.

4. kingdavid

kingdavid Bobtail Member

Sep 15, 2012
    i worked with swift last yr, and i didn't have too many problems with them. just don't lease a truck thru them, you will lose your butt.the miles were good, but i talked to a driver that had been with them for a long time and he told me that as your pay goes up, your miles go down.
    I see that you are in ga, so you will probably be out of atlanta, if you are try to get patrick. he is a very good dm. no problem with him at all. he cares for his drivers and will help them all he can.

RoadDriver -Andre Thanks this.
  5. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    I have been with Swift now almost 19 months. Of that time, I have been a lease operator for 18 months. My miles are consistent and home when I want and no complaints. I have a friend that is also a driver with Swift, lease operator, and he just took delivery of his 4th truck two months ago. Tells you how long that he has been there.

As far as a lease operator, I have talked to alot more that are really enjoying it and doing quite well. I have also talked to some that are doing lousy, and there are reasons for it. They seem to forget that they are running a business

6. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Which is why I won't go that route.
    I am too lazy for all the paperwork.

But I do like working for Swift as a company driver.

7. RoadDriver -Andre

Aug 27, 2012
    State Of Georgia
    What were the weekly miles you averaged when you drove for them?

8. RoadDriver -Andre

Aug 27, 2012
    State Of Georgia
    Is it possible I can buy a little inverter since Swift dont allow APU's? and how many miles you average as a company driver in a week?

9. RoadDriver -Andre

Aug 27, 2012
    State Of Georgia
    Can any driver give me some experience about their school In Tennessee??

10. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Moose, the only extra paperwork is saving your tax deductible receipts, like repairs and scale tickets, then give to your accountant

Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.