Limousine brake checked me

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by JSanborn103, Jan 14, 2022.

1. JSanborn103

JSanborn103 Medium Load Member

Jan 20, 2021
    Earlier today a registered limousine, mercedes E350 (not the long limos) cut about 3 feet in front of me on the highway and slammed his brakes multiple times in an attempt to make me rear end him. Luckily I hit my brakes right when as he moved in front of me and slowed down enough so I didn’t hit him. He slowed down in front of me to about 30 mph in a 65 zone with heavy traffic that was doing around 70 past me. I got his license plate but didn’t have a dash cam. He came from the front left of me so I didn’t do anything to anger him, i’m guessing he was trying to get insurance money or something. Is this something I should report to the state? I was just looking online about it which is why i’m asking.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

yes, report dangerous drivers.

snowlauncher, Siinman, alds and 3 others Thank this.
  4. JSanborn103

Jan 20, 2021
    It says on the Department of public safetys site that the complaint needs to be mailed/faxed. I’m wondering if they would even bother investigating something like that. He might have already caused an accident with another truck already.

5. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    Hopefully you ordered a dashcam today?

6. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    I would have called the police immediately. It’s almost intoxicating watching a jerkoff driver get pulled over when you witnessed them being dumb.

7. JSanborn103

Jan 20, 2021
    Are there any good ones under $500? Even the really expensive ones got some sketchy reviews which is why I couldn’t decide earlier. Im just going to buy one and hope it works ok.

It was in the middle of a city, I don’t think they could catch him.

8. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Should have called 911 AS IT WAS HAPPENING. Report a wreckless driver. Why bother after the fact.

9. Six9GS

Six9GS Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Yuma, AZ
    I strongly second getting a dashcam. It brings you peace of mind. I got one about as soon as I started driving. Mine's a Rexing (don't remember the model) and was somewhere around $100. I think alittle less. And, had to buy a micro SD card for it. Those are dirt cheap these days.
    I have getting a new one on my wishlist. I want one with 3 cameras. One front facing and 2 on the side mirrors. Often stuff happens on the sides that the front facing ones miss. Also, I'd like one with more storage and easier access to the video. Most reasonably priced ones, including the one I have, the only way to get to the video is to remove the micro SD card and plug it into a computer. I'd like one either has a cable port of some type you can plug into or has a wireless feature to access the video. Unfortunately, the only ones I've found that fit that description are more geared toward fleet management systems a company would want to install in their trucks than driver focused and the costs are in the $500 and up range. So, that's why it's still on my wishlist. Someday I may just fork out the money and get one I want.
    Anyway, in my humble opinion, EVERY driver should get themselves a dashcam for their own protection! Well worth the expense I think!!!

JSanborn103 Thanks this.
  10. Arctic_fox

Arctic_fox Experienced mx13 execrator

Sep 16, 2016
    Most will work fine, that said i use one of these. https://www.amazon.com/Garmin-140-d...293645765&psc=1&ref=&adgrpid=70175538958&th=1 just make sure to get high endurance memory like this https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Endu...t=&hvlocphy=9024595&hvtargid=pla-717945221426 normal SD cards degrade pretty quickly which is where a lot of bad reviews come from. Honestly at $20 i just replace mine yearly to sace on headaches but they high endurance memory usually lasts about 5 years in my experince.

JSanborn103 Thanks this.
  11. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    It is unfortunate, but today, you need a camera system. It is a double edged sword, can hang you but can also save you. In the last several years, camera systems have become admissible evidence in court. Law enforcement has been using photo radar and other video surveillance for years as evidence,

the system I have is this one. I can recommend it as a good quality, easy to use and reliable product.
    I know of several others who also use it are quite pleased with it.
    Truck Dashcam - BlackVue Dash Cameras

JSanborn103 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.