limp mode

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by Jspd234, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Jspd234

Jspd234 Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2014
    san mateo,ca
    hi all, my 2007 intl 4300 dt466 amber engine[​IMG] light came on and it is a bit sluggish now. its happened a few times before but only for a minute or so, then the light would go off and full power would come back. now its constant. i did the get codes from the cc buttons deal and here is what i got:

1 fault:
    109 6
    2023 14P

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RiskyBusiness

RiskyBusiness Light Load Member

Dec 28, 2013
    Tyner, NC 27980
    Sounds like a gremlin in your fuel system, maybe bad fuel pump combined with bad/gelling fuel could also add to that problem.

4. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    That fault is only from the body controller, not the engine. The code is for data missing for the Volt gauge.

5. Jspd234

Jspd234 Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2014
    san mateo,ca
    It's back to normal again. Started it up yesterday morning no light no reduced power. It's running fine again....

6. Jspd234

Jspd234 Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2014
    san mateo,ca
    Btw...checked for codes again.... It says no fault

7. Jspd234

Jspd234 Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2014
    san mateo,ca
    update: started up and ran fine today. then in the afternoon the amber engine light came on while driving but this time with NO loss of power. i got a new code this time.

150 2
    2023_ 14p

does anyone know what the hell is going on with my truck?? thanks in advance for any insight you may have!!!

8. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    That code is logged from the body controller. The code means the body controller lost communication with the engine for over 10 seconds.

Jspd234 Thanks this.
  9. Jspd234

Jspd234 Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2014
    san mateo,ca
    its sputtering agai intermittently. now it has a new code.

241:254
    639_14p

any help? thanks in advance!

10. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    These are codes getting logged as part of the cluster has lost communication with the engine. If the engine is sputtering I would say the engine ECM is losing either key power, or battery power. Very common problem is the main ECM fuse at the battery box has a weak connection which cause high resistance, which causes heat, which cause the plastic to melt and causes the metal terminals to warp.... and so on. Remove the battery box lid. You should see the plastic fuse holders. The may be a few depending how your truck was built. The main ECM is a 40 amp fuse. Remove and inspect all of them. Look for any melted or corroded terminals. Also disconnect the main connectors for the ECM power harness near the fuses and check those pins for any damage too! While you are there, make sure your main battery cables are clean and tight. The codes displayed are only from the body controller. You really should be getting the codes read from the ECM by someone who can connect with a proper service tool.

11. Jspd234

Jspd234 Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2014
    san mateo,ca
    hi heavyd, thanks for the help! i checked all the fuses, connectors, wires, etc. no melting, burned, warped, corroded or otherwise. battery connections are clean and tight. batteries were replaced 6 months ago. i also followed the harness up to the firewall connections and checked all connectors, pins, etc. no problems with burned, loose or otherwisw messed up connections. i'm scratching my head on this one.....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.