Linde (Cyrogenics)

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by RogerThat72, Oct 18, 2017.

1. RogerThat72

RogerThat72 Road Train Member

Jan 30, 2014
    I got a call today from Linde. Looks to be a decent rate for working. Anyone have any info on this company. I was quoted at and this is only if I make it through the process. Which is a long process it seems. Phone call, phone screen, on site interview. I'm sure after that then comes the dot and drug test and then possibly get hired on. Anyways. It's a home every day, drive 5 nights a week, off 2 days a week job.

Rates- 26.00$ unload/loading
    Mileage- .5625
    Cameras forward and driver
    Elogs
    Auto freightliners and Volvo
    $5,000 sigh on bonus

I'm really looking to see how they are as a company. Treatment of drivers, dispatch, I like to know about equipment and safety as well? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Mooseontheloose Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KyJelly

KyJelly Light Load Member

Sep 2, 2013
    Wapakoneta
    Pay seems about right. Is this an ASU plant or CO2 plant? Is your job title "Bulk Driver"? I work out of Ohio and it's an easy job. Beats running OTR.
    Linde is big on safety and will give you the training that you need to be successful. They have some stringent rules concerning phone usage. If you get caught using it,your fired. Not even the union can help you there.
    You can probably make low 70's a year. More once you learn the system.
    Welcome aboard!

4. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    You were going to walmart right?

RogerThat72 Thanks this.
  5. RogerThat72

Jan 30, 2014
    Thanks for the reply. The person that called me knew about rates but couldn't give me those answers. I guess there's a phone interview/screen and then the person after that can answer those questions but. When she calls I'll ask about what kind of plant it is. I think she said 75k to start so sounds we're on the same page, it's trucking every years a little less or more I'm sure. Don't welcome me on yet, it's a process and who knows what happens in the time it takes.

I was going to Walmart and I'm still interested but I haven't gotten a call for orientation. Walmart did honor the rates a regular Walmart driver would get BUT if I can get a night job paying this and home every day and two days off. I wouldn't mind that over Walmart. Especially if it's a union shop for benefits like a family plan. Then there's the rumors and everything about Walmart and the direction they're going on private fleet.

I'd honestly do either or really leaning towards this cyrogenics job tho. It's tough decision to make.

6. KyJelly

Sep 2, 2013
    Wapakoneta
    What location are you trying to get on ? That can tell me what type of plant it is. Cyro isn't very hard to catch on too. CO2 is under a lot of pressure. Lox and the rest aren't as much. Just ungodly cold.
    Linde has great training in place. Typically you ride with a trainer for one day, then for a month minimum you are paired with them. Staring the 2nd day, you do all the driving as well as the loading and unloading. It's kinda overwhelming til you get the sequences down. There isn't any pressure placed in you to speed up your training. If it takes 5-6 weeks, so be it.

7. RogerThat72

Jan 30, 2014
    Would be under Selkirk, NY

8. KyJelly

Sep 2, 2013
    Wapakoneta
    To be honest, I never heard of hat location. Is it also called something another Bush ?
    I think it's a ASU plant.
    I'll ask around later and see what's the deal

9. RogerThat72

Jan 30, 2014
    Might be fuera bush, NY or Selkirk, Ny

10. RogerThat72

Jan 30, 2014
    I'm thinking it's a nitrogen plant

11. KyJelly

Sep 2, 2013
    Wapakoneta
    LN2 is a breeze to unload. Just follow the valve sequences shown by your trainer and you shouldn't have any problems.
    Always ask questions pertaining to" what if I turn this valve or how can I mess up ". You can learn a lot by creating hypothetical scenarios with trainer or other drivers at the loading rack or customers.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.