Linde (Cyrogenics)

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by RogerThat72, Oct 18, 2017.

1. KyJelly

KyJelly Light Load Member

Sep 2, 2013
    Wapakoneta
    I have a beard,i wear a beard net when I go into labs at beverage customers. It shouldn't be a problem.
    Also found out the location your going to is an Air Seperation Unit. So be prepared to haul Oxygen Nitrogen and occasionally Argon.

Mooseontheloose Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KyJelly

Sep 2, 2013
    Wapakoneta
    Don't sweat it. You will be thoroughly trained on all types. Take all the time you need and ask any questions that arise.
    I found that the mechanics can be a great resource for info.

4. driverjoe1959

driverjoe1959 Light Load Member

Mar 29, 2016

5. driverjoe1959

driverjoe1959 Light Load Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Sorry I quoted that last post. Be careful with Linde which is actually owned by Praxair in the US. They are a rigid place to work and will fire you for the least infraction. They may be laying off some since drivers are getting tougher to get, 5000 sign on was unheard of a few years bAck. I found the job exhausting. Changing trucks 2-3 times most shifts, some very tight delivery points, out in the elements, nomex coveralls in refineries and chem plants. Pretty uncomfortable. My two days off i was pretty tired the first day. Just be cautious with them. They are not what u think.

6. Utah Ditch

Utah Ditch Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2016
    If they’re owned by Praxair you better mind your p’s and Q’s,
    I drove for Praxair in 2012, was fired for driving 20 feet in their parking lot with my seatbelt off, I had to get out of the truck to open a gate, jumped in and drove through the open gate with my belt off,
    VERY RIGID

7. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    W
    Wow, was the truck going to fall into an abyss because you didn't have on a seat belt?

8. Utah Ditch

Utah Ditch Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2016
    I was told it doesn’t matter if you even drive 1 foot without it on your terminates, so. Now if anyone employed by Praxair drives a company vehicle without their seat belt on and even moves it a foot , I guess I can sue the company for discrimination if they don’t fire that person, pretty stupid

9. KyJelly

Sep 2, 2013
    Wapakoneta
    I don't think Linde is owned by Praxair. We have had a merge of "equals". I haven't noticed any changes yet. We occasionally unload together at some irregular customers.
    They have remarked that they are in awe of our pump capacity. We can unload in the 1700-2300 range and they snort out 700-1100. We have larger piping.
    As far as I can tell, the 2 companies at the "peon" level still operate as separate businesses.

10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Take it.

If I was hazmat I would be on the way there today.

Linde is a old company been around many decades. I don't recall any instance of a problem anywhere in the Linde operations that I have seen first hand.

And for me in particular there sure as hell wont be any stupid dispatchers biting me about a Baltimore Key Bridge Bypass for hazmat. I cannot believe even today almost 35 years on he still has my goat about it.

11. KyJelly

Sep 2, 2013
    Wapakoneta
    Just wondering how the process is going ?
    Roger keep us in the loop !

12. trein444

trein444 Bobtail Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Does Linde use all electronic like dvir logs bills manifest coa

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.