Linde interview next week

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Luke628, Aug 26, 2018.

1. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Don't Know Your Job - Book Says You're Doing It Wrong.jpg Don't Know Your Job - Book Says You're Doing It Wrong.jpg

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Luke628

Luke628 Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2013
    Houston,Tx
    They said it was load pay, hourly only when loading/ unloading. They said I’d make 70k maybe more if I hustle. Decent money, but not out of this world.

And if you’re submissive to cameras and ridiculous rules then that’s good for you. Some drivers don’t want to deal with unreasonable work conditions. They also told me there was a 2mph speed limit on the yard. That seems unreasonable to me.

I know I pretty much always wear my seatbelt, but I’m not perfect. I’ve forgotten once or twice especially after hoping out to open a gate. If I have brain fart like that I shouldn’t have to worry about the camera catching me and losing my job over a simple mistake that we’ve all made. But at Linde they’ll fire you for that. They told me in the interview they lost a Driver that had been there for years because the camera caught him without seatbelt on.

They said they have a zero tolerance policy.

Zero Tolerance = Zero Intelligence

I’m stealing that meme. LMAO !!

4. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    No one job fits all.
    Good on you to recognize one that's not for you.

homeskillet and Mooseontheloose Thank this.
  5. Arky

Arky Heavy Load Member

Jun 7, 2013
    We have driver facing cameras in the trucks where I work. They have actually saved more driver's job than they have cost. But, I still don't like them.

It all depends on management and the driver's ability to ignore the camera. The cameras are recording at all times, but it is not being saved until there is an "event". Then, it saves a few seconds before and after. Those few seconds will catch you in all sorts of situations that you would normally not even think about... speeding, rolling stop, seat belt, following too close, etc, etc. The offsite company reviews the footage and sends anything notable to management.

I've seen managers who won't even mention the camera footage for respect of the drivers. I've seen managers who call a list of drivers in every day to "counsil" them about cameras. I've seen drivers quit and walk off over it. I just ignore the camera and the 2 counseling sessions I've had and keep driving. I know the.cameras are stupid and invade privacy. I know that some managers are stupid and think they have to throw whatever authority they have at drivers. I just ignore it all... keep makin that check.

brank Thanks this.
  6. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Exactly.

How much safety tolerance is there for office people by comparison? How many would pass a random on a given day?

Fuelinmyveins and Luke628 Thank this.
  7. atlfan88

atlfan88 Bobtail Member

Oct 9, 2012
    I have worked for Linde for the past 5+ years. They just installed new cameras in our trucks .Saying they're a pilot. They have lane departure in them as well as they'll be able to judge following distance so if you don't respond ans back off it'll record an event and bag you for it. They will also be able to detect if you roll through a stop. Guess theres also going to be an infrared facial detection that will keep track of you yawning and blinking .Its getting ridiculous .They just keep saying its just a pilot .I don't trust them myself and no one at my location does either .

Mooseontheloose Thanks this.
  8. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    We've already got em.
    Had them for 2 yrs now.
    I'm conscious of them and when recording an event, like a following distance capture, I just get off the pedal. It also capture lane departure events.
    If it takes too long to acquire space it will keep it and send to the plant mgr.
    I can only control so much and they realize this.
    I probably get 4 or 5 coaching moments, a letter w a picture showing the heinous behavior, each yr.
    I pretty much blow it off.
    We have had a couple guys caught on the phone by the cameras and they get a letter in their file and a stern talking to w our union representative, but as yet no one has been terminated.
    By the end of the month we will be Linde
    employees (I guess) so don't know what will take place going forward.
    As far as a pilot program goes..that's code for get used to it.

Mooseontheloose and speedyk Thank this.
  9. atlfan88

atlfan88 Bobtail Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Lol yeah it's weird considering I know we won't be Linde .So far we're hearing we'll be MG since Linde sold the Bulk side but they're not giving us any news on what's going to officially happen you know. Kinda hoping maybe they put us on hourly when all is said and done but who knows. Guess they're looking at changing us from a 60 hour clock to the 70 but most are thinking its because they can't find any new hires and light be telling us they want a 6th day out of us since we're so far behind. Guess we'll see what happens .Who knows .

Mooseontheloose and speedyk Thank this.
  10. Louisianimal

Louisianimal Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2018
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Anyone have any information on Linde out of Gonzales, Louisiana just had a interview with them and wanting to know if it’s worth my time trying them out

11. Johnsoncdj

Johnsoncdj Bobtail Member

Mar 30, 2019
    Was up my man did u take the job and if so how is it going

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.