Linde interview next week

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Luke628, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Johnsoncdj

Johnsoncdj Bobtail Member

Mar 30, 2019
    Overall messer was a good company but I just don't see it being a long term job having to walk such a thin line of perfection its possible but just not for me

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Messer (formerly linde) is heavily invested in training ppl for another job else where. Messer should clean house in the management dept from top to bottom. Other wise they will continue to have high turn over.

4. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    Holy poop that was fast!

5. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    You need a high threshold for bs and a tolerance for micro management from folks who have no business in the sector to survive here long term.
    When we get slow(like now) it's as if management looks for ways to incite the drivers with irrelevant numbers or unimportant observations, to let the real employees, you know, the one's who work 70 hrs and get things done, that they are still in charge or that your career always depends on them and policy.
    I've got 4 more winters to go and hope to retire from praxair but I'm telling the truth when I say it will be a struggle as my skin is thinning for the bs.
    But good for you for recognizing it and bailing.

6. Johnsoncdj

Mar 30, 2019
    Good luck and hang in there brother your time is around the corner.

Dennixx Thanks this.
  7. Dennixx

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    Piece o cake.
    Taking a couple days off to unwind and remind myself it's all about the money to work these kinds of gigs.

8. Johnsoncdj

Mar 30, 2019
    That's 1 thing 4sure the money was good as it can get as a local driver. Plus alot of vacation time and bounes. Like if I was still in Louisiana no way I would have left its to hard getting a good paying job in the boot but living in Texas its so many jobs you can pick your slice of pizza

9. Johnsoncdj

Mar 30, 2019
    But another thing scared me to was it was very very slow the guys said it had been slow longer then usually as if linde took some of there contracts with them

10. Dennixx

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities

We are typically slow this time of year but not this slow, probably due to tariffs.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.