Linehaul at night?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Northeasterner, Apr 1, 2018.

1. 2BucTruck

2BucTruck Medium Load Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Eastern USA - Go Bucs!
    I don't frequent the OD forum at truckingboards as much as I'd like to, mainly because of what you mentioned. It's a shame the moderators let that juvenile rambling to continue with those stupid, incessant, inside jokes. Major distraction from what could be a very good source of information for drivers.

Cardfan89 and Bob Dobalina Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    My run is 440 miles the last 20 years. No drops, no weekends, paid for any delays, loading, breaking wagons,etc.

4. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    Nice!

5. Russian Rabbit

Russian Rabbit Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Not sure where some may be getting their information, but we are running our sugar tails off. Even with contractors in the mix.

And yes, contractors ARE a necessary evil and a thorn in our side; Will discuss this and everything else in much greater detail---possibly on the weekend.

Will start keeping track of mileage. i think i ran 411 miles last night.

De Trucker Thanks this.
  6. Showoff 2

Showoff 2 Bobtail Member

May 27, 2013
    Yeah that is true about ODFL, but it varies terminal to terminal. I worked there 9 years with over a million miles safe driving and the awards to prove it. One mistake,didn't close and lock the gate on Saturday morning. Resign or be terminated. No other choice. Never even had a write up.

joshuapowell61 Thanks this.
  7. De Trucker

De Trucker Medium Load Member

Apr 21, 2015
    Wow! That's ridiculous! Sorry that happened to you. That's more severe than I thought.

joshuapowell61 and Canned Spam Thank this.
  8. 2BucTruck

2BucTruck Medium Load Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Eastern USA - Go Bucs!
    Rollovers, rear-ends, and roll-aways - those are the big 3 that will get you terminated. Other than that, generally ODFL is relatively forgiving with accidents. I think a lot depends on your manager. I know of drivers being terminated for urinating on company grounds.

9. Lav-25

Lav-25 Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2018
    ... Long story short...yea he does w-2 now, anyways , give it a try.

bentstrider83 Thanks this.
  10. Dabrian

Dabrian Light Load Member

Jul 27, 2015
    North Carolina
    My terminal hasn't laid a single person off in over 10 years. We are very busy and hiring drivers.

11. Naptown

Naptown Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Indiana
    You guys weren't kidding about Truckingboards. I wasn't familiar with it so I went over to check it out. Found a topic of specific interest to me, and was disappointed to see one relevant reply out of about 3 pages.

Bob Dobalina Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.