Lisa Motor Lines

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by tbird, May 27, 2008.

1. northstarfire0693

northstarfire0693 Heavy Load Member

Jul 1, 2006
    AZ
    Pulling 4g at Lisa can be done. When I worked there the trks were set from 68-70. I did from 3200 to 4000 a wk depending on how I wanted to run. As far as getting you home when you needed they were very good at that.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Capt. Jack,

Thank you for giving me the correct numbers and proving to LML that you can do it without cheating on your logs and/or over speeding.

Hunter

4. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Sure it can be done when YOU are doing 70 or 72 but NOT 62. Capt. Jack proved it and my figures speak for themselves Northstar. No disrespect intended, but tell me this: How a solo person do it at their current truck speed now without making deliveries under a 60mph limit. I just have to ask how many times you had 4K mile weeks.

5. northstarfire0693

Jul 1, 2006
    AZ

That is true on them being a "Truck driver factory" They do have some very good drivers that have been with the company for a long time.
    Trucks run between 68-70 may have changed since I left back in 03.

As far as how a driver runs his logs. That is up to the driver on how he wants to do it and what he can pay when he gets caught. I know for a fact that not everyone out there logs it as they do it and I am sure most of you dont. I will be honest... I did 15 min for pre/post trp, fuel and depending on the shipper or reciever I was at 15-30 min for handing/picking up bills. Who logs the whole 2-4 hrs spent on the dock on line 4 ? As far as driving goes it depended on the speed limit on the state I was in. If it was 70 I logged it as 63 to give you an idea. I never once did line 4 for a weighing a load, now last time I was on the road it was before the new HOS came out so I dont know if they are looking at the weigh thing real hard or not. I hear a bunch of drivers here say they log it legal 100 % of the time and I am not attacking anyone personal so dont take it that way, but with the system being what it is and how its run having to fudge your book is the only way most of the drivers can make money.

I will get of my soap box now.... And like I said this is not a personal attack on anyone....dont take it as such.

6. northstarfire0693

Jul 1, 2006
    AZ

Kinghunter no disrespect taken...Its all cool.

As far as me going over 4g a week I did it a lot. No BS. Most was over 3g and on some slow week 2500...That was rare for me, but as we all know slow weeks happen. Like i said before the trucks were not set for 62 unless that changed since I left and that was in 03.... Mine ran 70 the rest ran between 68-70...depends on your truck and how lond you worked for them.. Good driver with good safe record they would turn him to 70 if not 68 and I heard some were set lower but I never ran into anyone who was.

The Challenger Thanks this.
  7. CaptJack

CaptJack Light Load Member

Apr 20, 2008
    Botetourt Co., VA
    Thats all I logged when I fueled or did my pre/post trip. But I was running flats and drops, and when I had a 48' long 6' high load of lumber, or anything of that size, there was no way to get that tarped in 15-20 min alone, not with all the climbing, straping and cording. I always logged at least 30-45 min. depending on the load. Thats halfway believable. I dont know if the scales still do it, but I ran for one outfit and we had a driver that logged 15 min for tarping a load of sheetrock. He got pulled in the scales and they checked his logs, and when they saw he had 15 min logged for tarping, they had him pull off his tarps and prove he did it in 15 min., and of course he didnt. Every driver got a message over the qual stating that if we logged anything for tarping, it had better be realistic cause they werent gonna have their trucks shut down or their rating dropped by anyone trying to shave time.

8. northstarfire0693

Jul 1, 2006
    AZ
    Very true you have to make it look believable. Its when you get out of hand (log 15 min when thry can prove it would take longer ) Thats when you get caught.

9. CaptJack

CaptJack Light Load Member

Apr 20, 2008
    Botetourt Co., VA
    Too true. And quite a few have found that out the hard & costly way.

northstarfire0693 Thanks this.
  10. OTRlightly

OTRlightly Bobtail Member

May 21, 2008
    Ft Worth, Texas
    I don't know how it is to be a company driver for any of the companies that are basically owned by FFE. I will tell any o/o if they are thinking about leasing on with any of the companies that are with FFE not to even bother. If you do decide to at least do some research, ask for a contract mailed to your home and read it very carefully. I think you will find that you need to go elsewhere.
    Not a good company for o/o

The Challenger Thanks this.
  11. ic40oz

ic40oz Light Load Member

Apr 4, 2008
    SA
    From what the information I could find about Lisa. As a company driver the pay seems awful low compared to other companies. Maybe they make up for it with miles. Any input?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.