Little blinking red light on sleeper ac control panel

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by joseph1853, Mar 9, 2017.

1. joseph1853

joseph1853 Heavy Load Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Waco, TX
    I have a 2006 Volvo VNL and on the ac control panel in the sleeper there's a blinking red light when the truck is not running. Not sure if it's doing it while the truck's running havn't checked that yet. I just got this truck not too long ago and havn't used it to pull anything yet still working on it to get it in trustworthy condition if that's even possible lol so there wasn't any power going to the panel when I got it found out that the fuse had been pulled so put the fuse back in and lights on panel came back on and then shortly after the blinking red light.. I've been having electrical issues with this truck so there's that.. Anyways if any of you have any idea's on what it is I'd appreciate your input. Thanks.

Kingjan Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    That light is for the low voltage warning.. should also be a beeping. And the switch (for the rear fan) on the dash should also be blinking.

1st check and make sure the batteries are fully charged. If they are you may have a bad low voltage disconnect..

baha Thanks this.
  4. cabwrecker

cabwrecker The clutch wrecker

Mar 23, 2012
    I cleaned up my ground cables off frame and batteries and that solved the issues I was having with the low voltage disconnect.

Also my apu terminals were part of the problem.

5. joseph1853

Dec 12, 2010
    Waco, TX
    Fantastic.. I have the battery charger hooked up at this time so there should be constant voltage going so but I'm not sure one of the battery's isn't bad.. I bought 4 new batteries not too long ago but they'be been drained down to nothing a couple of times, but I've charged them back up although there's at least one or 2 that went bad through that.. :eek:

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  6. joseph1853

Dec 12, 2010
    Waco, TX
    Were are those located\?

7. cabwrecker

Mar 23, 2012
    Aside from the battery terminal connectors and posts which probably need cleaned, you should have a main frame ground that ought to be behind the batter box with 4-6 leads connected together and bolted down. What kinda of configuration is on the sides? Skirts or just open metal steps?

Also how's the starter sound, do your internal lights dim when you turn perephrial systems like headlights/wipers on? Dash flicker?

8. joseph1853

Dec 12, 2010
    Waco, TX
    the ground locations that is?

9. cabwrecker

Mar 23, 2012
    Should be a frame mounted bolt with 4-6 black leads connected and screwed down with a typical nut. Should be behind the battery box mount.

10. joseph1853

Dec 12, 2010
    Waco, TX
    side skirts, battery box deal is under drivers side door area. I looked behind there for grounds didn't find any but i'll look again. not sure if the lights are dimming or not while cranking, i havn't really noticed anyways. seems to crank at a normal rate. i did clean the battery post recently and that seemed to make a difference on the crank speed when starting. im pretty sure your right on the money with the grounds needing to be cleaned up just need to figure out exactly were they are located.

Attached Files:

11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    May I ask where you have the batteries being fed at?

I hope you are not using the very large machined pegs made of steel provided by the factory for connecting electrical power to the truck that sits behind one of the sleeper fairings and is covered by a black and red type rubber bushings when not in use.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.